Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2016-03-15 14:02:20

uli

Re: kuo_sortable: change the order and visibility of elements in Write tab

All: OK, I’ve sorted it out: It’s not kuo_sortable causing the strange behaviour. It’s been an old version of kuo_ckEditor_cdn I’ve had active because I’ve updated one of my local TXP test instances to 4.6 nightly. I’ve now updated the editor plugin and I can save normally without destroying anything.

Petri, in lack of a kuo_ckEditor_cdn forum topic I report about it here:
kuo_ckEditor_cdn v0.2 doesn’t work in 4.6 and breaks all of kuo_sortable’s capabilities: drag’n‘drop is not possible and the X-field is not displayed.

Sorry for scaring you up with things that didn’t belong here, and thanks again for kuo_sortable and all of your other countless plugins I encountered again while looking for the ckEditor topic.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#14 2016-03-16 21:14:53

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks everyone for feedback! The plugin is now updated. It fixes some issues and now it’s also possible to move most elements between columns.

Phil: Sure thing, if you want to use parts or all of this plugin’s code then no problem.

uli: I’m trying to figure out what is causing that issue with CKEditor. It seems to work fine with my Textpattern installations, except adjusting editor height is not possible as it triggers the sort/drag functionality.

#15 2016-03-16 23:59:24

uli

kuopassa wrote #298331:

uli: I’m trying to figure out what is causing that issue with CKEditor. It seems to work fine with my Textpattern installations, except adjusting editor height is not possible as it triggers the sort/drag functionality.

Great. If you can you afford some broken articles (mine were set to live, if that makes a difference), replace CKEditor v0.2 by the old 0.1. Save some articles, then, and install the newer CKE. Maybe that procedure caused something on the database and as a consequence the 0.2 plugin is broken. Some of the articles definitely appear without the two mentioned Write panel elements even with all plugins disabled, so assuming a DB damage isn’t too far-fetched. (not blaming you, all in a sandbox ^ ^)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#16 2016-03-17 00:03:35

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

With version 2 + TXP 4.6dev: this has a problem with the rah_textile_bar plugin installed. Your script adds IDs to about everything in the main column and on the way modifies the IDs used by rah_textile_bar (and thus breaks that extension) [*].

I think you should only add IDs to the main blocks (div.txp-form-field), not to the descendants of those.

[*] basically: id=rah_textile_bar_0 becomes id=rah_textile_bar_0_10 after your script has run.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#17 2016-03-17 02:10:37

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Hey uli and phiw13, thanks for testing this plugin. I’ll try to fix those problems… The ID selector thing is a must because those numbers are the secret of sorting. :-)

Edit: rah_textile_bar should fixed for the next version of kuo_sortable.

Last edited by kuopassa (2016-03-17 02:22:58)

Board footer