Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2015-12-07 19:43:02

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Admin layout update patch

@mrdale

I’ll be ditching Ruby in all my repo builds soon (already done so for the public side theme) although I don’t know why your Ruby is throwing an error. In the meantime the built example is already linked above.

#50 2015-12-07 20:22:09

GugUser

jakob wrote #297010:

I started modifying bot_wtc successfully but it’s not quite up to date with the latest repo. I’ll dig out that out a little later.

jakob, this are great news. I “trembled” in thought because of the idea bot_wtc could be incompatible.

#51 2015-12-07 21:20:52

jakob
Admin
Website

GugUser wrote #297013:

jakob, this are great news. I “trembled” in thought because of the idea bot_wtc could be incompatible.

See here for a first stab at a 4.6-new-admin-layout compatible version.

mrdale wrote #297004:

Just jumped in and played with the new admin layout and threw my stable of plugins at it. A lot of fixes needed, but not too daunting. This promts a couple of questions.

1. Should we start a thread that lists layout broken plugins?

Great idea.

I think there are going to be different types of errors, some of which you have already addressed in your bitbucket ‘stable’:

• Plugins that fail to cope properly with asynchronous saving on the write pane (quite an old problem now). That is often the cause of the double-save, or can’t save error.
  • Plugins that depend on class names in the admin layout. bot_wtc is special in that it really requires this, but a lot of the others that hook into the dom via selectors should really use the pluggable_ui callbacks instead. Phil and the devs have been careful not to change key field names just for the sake of it, so plugins that work on the body, excerpt, article-image fields etc. should still work in many cases.
  • Plugins that haven’t registered their public-side tags. That will affect an awful lot of plugins, but it does look like it’s easy to remedy. For the moment it’s just a notice in debug/testing mode, so doesn’t affect actual performance
  • A very small number of 4.6-ready plugins that used the old underscore method for the txp tag registry such as this fix for rah_beacon.*

* I rather fear we are going to have start making safe copies of Jukka’s plugins as no word from him for a long long time now.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#52 2015-12-16 18:22:38

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

mrdale wrote #297008:

OK… having trouble building… do you have a hosted version of the example page.

The latest Hive admin theme build now does not require Ruby (or Compass) – which will make it a much lower barrier to entry. I’ve also included the built files in the dist directory so you don’t even have to build it yourself if you just want the stock theme.

When Bootstrap 4 comes out of beta I should be able to drop the need for Bower too, making this just need Node/npm and nothing more.

Board footer