Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2015-12-02 09:06:12

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: [wiki] cannot download Tag Reference

Even with a reliable network collection, I find it useful to have an offline version of the docs. The searchability using devdocs.io is very useful but a dash (for mac) or zeal / velocity (for windows) variant would be great too (I think they all use the dash format). Conceivably that could be built from the current docs on github as my second PDF linked above was.

That said, aren’t the upcoming new docs built with jekyll from the .textile flat files on the github repo?

I haven’t tried it, but theoretically you could download the docs and run them with jekyll on your local webserver, which you’re likely to have running if you’re doing local web development. I don’t know if all the necessary files (excepting jekyll) are in the repo, but it looks like layout templates are in there… so you could be in luck.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#14 2015-12-02 09:46:02

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

jakob wrote #296922:

I haven’t tried it, but theoretically you could download the docs and run them with jekyll on your local webserver, which you’re likely to have running if you’re doing local web development. I don’t know if all the necessary files (excepting jekyll) are in the repo, but it looks like layout templates are in there… so you could be in luck.

Yes in theory could run a local copy of the site using Jekyll, although this might make it difficult. I may be able to work around that though with a variable. Maybe, not sure.

Please feel free to provide Dash, Zeal or DevDocs integration patches via a pull request, if you want it. All help welcome.

This might be a good starting point.

I’ve created an issue in the repo for it, as a placeholder for potential future feature.

#15 2015-12-03 12:23:36

cuong

thanks everyone!
you helped me alot !

Board footer