Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-11-26 13:59:16

jakob
Admin
Website

How do you enable your clients to upload galleries with many images?

What do you use when your client would like to upload 20-30 images for use for example in a gallery?

In the past I’ve always done this either manually or using FTP and one of the bulk insert image plugins, but that’s something I can’t ask clients to get to grips with.

I remember there used to be ebl_batchupload but I’ve no idea if it still functions. Is there a good alternative for use with txp?

Or is there perhaps some way of bringing in images from an album on another service like flickr or something? I’ve used dropmark before with PDF files and their API, and their upload interface is brilliantly easy to use, but it was a bit finicky bringing in the data.

Another related question: what do you recommend your clients as a simple – and I mean simple – image editor for cropping and resizing images for uploading to the txp images tab?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#2 2015-11-26 15:44:30

milosevic

Re: How do you enable your clients to upload galleries with many images?

I use jbx_multiple_image_upload for uploading several images at the same time in recent v4.5.7 txp installation.

After uploading them, I apply smd_thumbnail to build different size versions of the images for responsive.

I would like not to be necessary to manually apply smd_thumbnail actions to the uploaded images (you don’t need to when you upload a single image by the standard method), but I haven’t found an automatic way.

Last edited by milosevic (2015-11-26 15:50:10)

<txp:rocks/>

#3 2015-11-26 18:46:12

GugUser

I never used it, but abl_droploader maybe is other solution.

#4 2015-11-26 20:46:06

kees-b
Website

I am using abl_droploader. I find it a perfect solution for batch uploads.

kees

Last edited by kees-b (2015-11-26 20:47:57)

#5 2015-11-26 21:19:22

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

This is something we need to address by Textpattern 4.7 I think, as part of a wider retool of how images are handled in admin side.

#6 2015-11-26 23:31:04

tye
Website

To add image galleries to articles – I use a combination of jbx_multiple_image_upload and custom fields using this great tutorial

User uploads multiple images via image tab and creates / assigns category. Then creates an article and chooses image category using details from above tutorial. I’ve made a form which checks to see if image category is assigned – if so outputs thumbnail gallery using whatever method you want :)

It was great when jbx_multiple_image_upload had a built in image resize function – the whole process was a no brainer that the client picked up in seconds. But after that was removed… I got her to use Pixlar and she seems pretty happy using that for image editing

#7 2015-11-28 22:03:44

gomedia
Plugin Author

philwareham wrote #296850:

This is something we need to address by Textpattern 4.7 I think, as part of a wider retool of how images are handled in admin side.

Some food for thought: Drag and Drop File Uploading

#8 2015-12-02 09:40:16

jakob
Admin
Website

Thanks for all your tips. Looks like there are more options than I thought.

philwareham wrote #296850:

I agree entirely! It should also tie in with smd_thumbnail (or make smd_thumbnail obsolete)…

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer