Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2011-04-14 20:49:48

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Multidoc: multiple-page documents

maverick wrote:

I’m developing the bones for an Operations Manual for a non-profit. In the process of moving around various articles, things went flaky. If I changed sub-levels, it would show properly, but it was as if it still was tied to the previous order. When I moved another article up or down things were jumping all over (in and out of parent/child relations), and when I deleted a parent level, I had former (now equal) children disappear with it. Then I began getting a variety of undefined offset errors.

Ouch — sorry about that. One issue is articles that get deleted while still assigned to a Multidoc collection; I have a big TODO note about it but again … back burner. If you have problems again and can share the soo_multidoc table with me, please do.

Code is topiary

#50 2011-06-27 00:30:06

progre55

jsoo:

Do you know if your plugin plays nice with hak_tinymce? Trying to determine best method for creating articles association for the top 5 lists which my client releases several every week —-

Thanks.

progre55

#51 2011-06-27 07:23:49

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

I don’t really know hak_tinymce, but I can’t imagine why they’d conflict. But I guess you mean you’d like to see a Multidoc pulldown on the Write panel?

Code is topiary

#52 2011-06-27 11:51:37

progre55

Jsoo:

The multi doc pull down on the write tab would be deal if doabale . Having everything on one area for the client is always beneficial. Regarding hak_tinymce — I guess it probably has more to do with how it handles TXP tags and I was just curious from the feedback you receive if people were using your plug in in conjunction with it.

Thanks.

progre55

Last edited by progre55 (2011-06-28 21:46:48)

#53 2012-01-23 21:36:04

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Hi, Jeff!

I’m having trouble getting set up, but this is my first time using the plugin. I installed everything, created some articles in a certain section, and I set up a couple multidoc collections of articles in that section. In the contextual navigation of this section, I just want to display the names of the different multidoc collections, linked to the root article for each collection. Since the documentation everywhere says that “article list filtering” is automatic, I thought something like this would work:

<txp:article_custom
    break="li"
    section='<txp:section/>'
    wraptag="ul"><a class="active" href="<txp:permlink/>" rel="bookmark"><txp:title/></a></txp:article_custom>

But that gives me a regular list of all articles (so does the txp:article tag which I tried first). I figure there’s probably something obvious I’m missing, like a special soo_multidoc tag or trigger, but I need a guidepost to point me in the right direction. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

#54 2012-01-24 13:06:25

uli

John, is soo_multidoc_toc with its root and add_start parameters what you’re looking for? (I’ve to admit, though, I never applied multidoc, just use questions like these as an opportunity to brush up my … errm … knowledge.)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#55 2012-01-24 14:22:59

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Hi guys, sorry for the extended radio silence. :)

Article list filtering is automatic if you are in article list context, e.g. section front page, category list page, etc.

If you need this filtering in individual article context, please have a look at soo_article_filter. (Scroll down to the section on Multidoc compatibility.)

Code is topiary

#56 2012-01-25 05:21:57

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

It turns out that soo_article_filter is exactly what I needed for this site, and Multidoc was overkill for this project. Thanks, Jeff!

#57 2015-11-12 16:49:29

mrdale
Website

Thinking about using this plugin for an online book equivalent…

• is it still under active development?
  • how does the admin work/look with 4.6ish?

-D

Board footer