Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2015-08-21 16:30:30

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Admin section only stay on language setting after update

Try changing

$txpcfg['txpath'] = '/mnt/web8/23/65/5566265/htdocs/kamineundwein/textpattern/textpattern';

into

$txpcfg['txpath'] = '/mnt/web8/23/65/5566265/htdocs/kamineundwein/textpattern';
Zittzewitz wrote #294294:

Could it be a option zu make a clean install and write the database data back after it?
Is it possible to put an existing database on a new installation? And is it tricky normaly?

That is possible and shouldn’t cause any problems, but you should make sure that you specify the charset as latin1 when you create the config.php file.
Before you do it, create a backup not only of the database, but also of the files you uploaded.
Having said that, it shouldn’t be necessary to start from scratch.

I think maybe I have a problem with my .htaccess
I have one in my root directory and another one in the installation directory of textpattern.

You normally should only have a .htaccess file in the root directory

Yes. The installation of textpattern is into a subfolder.
I couldn´t remember why we did it like that.
Is it a problem. The installation worked well the last years.

It’s unusual, especially since the admin interface can be reached at http://www.kamineundwein.de/textpattern/. I had expected that it was reachable under http://www.kamineundwein.de/textpattern/textpattern

#14 2015-08-21 18:05:37

GugUser

What’s the content of your .htaccess file?

#15 2015-08-23 11:32:36

Zittzewitz

Thank you very much. It looks like I´ve got it. I made a clean install on a other part of our web server. I think one of the problems was, that we putted it on a subfolder (textpattern/textpattern)

Also some of the links was set static.

Now the most work should be done and in the future we should have a clean installation of textpattern, more likely in future updating process.

Thanks all of you for the help.

Last thing: We need a WYSIWYG Plugin for the authors. Which is best one in your opinion?

Thx a lot

Eric

#16 2015-08-23 13:34:08

uli

Zittzewitz wrote #294318:

We need a WYSIWYG Plugin for the authors. Which is best one in your opinion?

Best for whom/what, do you have any requirements you can name? I’ve two favourites. If you need image handling capabilities with access to Textpattern’s database, then there’s only hak_tinyMCE. If you can do without that, maybe kuo_ckeditor can convince you, it looks a lot less overloaded and is full fledged, though. The most WYSIWYG editors for TXP come with a kuo-prefix these days, anyway (tinymce_cdn, CKEditor, CLEditor, jHtmlArea, jQuery TE, markItUp!). Have a look at his plugin page, maybe you have heard of some of the script implementations before and don’t need to test all of them.

Maybe you don’t need full WYSIWYG with font/colour/size preview and a Textile helper is sufficient. Then rah_textilebar and msd_minibar are worth trying.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#17 2015-08-23 14:24:48

uli

uli wrote #294292:

Visiting no www, i.e. http://kamineundwein.de I’m redirected to the admin side.

That’s not yet fixed, BTW.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer