Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-08-04 17:15:47

candyman

Another kid in town: thegrid.io

Look at the grid.

p.s.: the .io is getting every day more popular.

#2 2015-08-04 18:53:08

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Another kid in town: thegrid.io

candyman wrote #293943:

Look at the grid.

p.s.: the .io is getting every day more popular.

I like the movie. “The Grid knows all”

…. texted postive

#3 2015-08-04 21:12:40

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Holy cow. Hard not to be impressed by the claims, even if the ToS are a bit scary:

You grant The Grid a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, modify, process, analyze, use, in any way solely for the purpose to enhance, to perform and to promote The Grid Service.

Looks like only fairly rudimentary sites will be supported though; a tumblelog-style space to post “stuff wot I did today” or to repost anything you follow, with optional buttons to sell things you might post.

Doubt it could handle the complexity of the multi-sites I’m designing with 25K products drop-shipped from ten different suppliers using multiple couriers with a variety of tracked shipping options, account management, product administration, promo codes, integration with Amazon and eBay selling channels, pay-per-click campaigns, financial reporting and phone sales support. To be fair, Txp couldn’t manage it either…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2015-08-05 00:33:19

bici
Website Mastodon

Bloke wrote #293952:

Looks like only fairly rudimentary sites will be supported though; a tumblelog-style space to post “stuff wot I did today” or to repost anything you follow, with optional buttons to sell things you might post.

Txp couldn’t manage it either…

whew…you had be there until the end…

…. texted postive

#5 2015-08-05 08:28:49

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

This site is pushed by existing users on their (well-paying) affiliate scheme, so be aware that user reviews may not be 100% objective.

#6 2015-08-06 11:48:09

Destry
Website

Henri Bergius is a pretty serious dude-bro viking. He’s one of the people behind the “decoupled” movement, also known as “headless”, which is getting increasing attention. Pantheon (interesting) has just released a headless guide.

#7 2015-08-06 13:52:47

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Destry wrote #293991:

Henri Bergius is a pretty serious dude-bro viking.

Interesting that he uses Disqus comments but also has calls to webmention.io (another .io domain) in the header.

I’ve been playing around a tiny bit with the IndieWebCamp stuff.

Board footer