Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2015-07-26 20:45:32

giz
Website

Re: [docs] Github wiki

I also had problems pushing data back to my repo on Github – I futzed for 2 hours yesterday until I managed to get it to work https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys/

#86 2015-08-01 13:49:15

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Just as an update, there is the beginnings of a new documentation site coming together. Bear in mind this is a proof of concept – no layouts or final styling has been done yet…

docs.textpattern.io

Jekyll is quarter built so far.

Note the domain name. This won’t be housed on .net or .com due to lack of ownership of those domains by Textpattern.

#87 2015-08-01 14:23:50

Destry
Website

philwareham wrote #293899:

docs.textpattern.io

Suggestion…

Since we’re editing in Github and porting to Jekyll, we need a process so it’s not confusing editing efforts, nor visitors to the new Jekyll site (now that you’ve made the link public). So, how about this:

We can leave the main index at Jekyll, as you have it, but remove all links there for any doc pages that are not actually ready or ported there yet. (E.g., files with .textile extension are auto-downloaded if their links are clicked, so that’s not good.) Then we add links only when the editing for that page is primarily done and configured for Jekyll’s happiness.

Page editor notifies you (the porter) when a given page is ready for transfer, perhaps using an Issue ticket, which indicates the file in question.

Then you port the page into the Jekyll file tree exactly as it’s positioned in the Github version and link up any page on the index that it might concern. (All other pages below index should just work.)

Something like that?

#88 2015-08-01 14:36:56

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

The GitHub files and Jekyll files are one and the same. All that needs to be done is to add the Jekyll frontmatter code at the top of each Textile file and it instantly becomes part of the Jekyll site. Plus remove affixes from hyperlinks within docs.

#89 2015-08-01 14:40:25

Destry
Website

Ah.. Okay. Magic.

Board footer