Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-07-25 20:44:13

adastra
Website

Where do I change the email of the site's administrator?

I recently got an email when Textpattern auto-updated to a new version on one of my sites. I want to add another email address for such notifications, but darned if I can find where to do that. It’s not under Admin > Users or Admin > Preferences, either Basic or Advanced. Where then?

Last edited by adastra (2015-07-25 20:44:50)

#2 2015-07-25 21:36:40

uli

Re: Where do I change the email of the site's administrator?

You can’t add another address to a user profile, you can only change it on Admin > Users (click the login name). It’s easily overlooked if you’ve a very short login name.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2015-07-25 22:04:52

adastra
Website

Thanks, Uli, I had indeed overlooked that link.

But that doesn’t seem to govern where the site-update emails go. The email went to a separate address, let’s call it other@example.com, and was composed to appear to come from my (the admin) address. A separate copy was set to my (admin’s) address.

Where in the UI do I find that other@example.com address? It is out of date.

#4 2015-07-25 23:36:16

uli

Re-reading your first post, I must say that “auto-updated” there perplexes me. There is no such thing as an auto-updater coming with Textpattern. And I really can’t remember having received an update email from one of my installations. Can it be that some service from your hosting provider sent you that mail, i.e. you might have to change that address with them?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2015-07-26 00:49:07

adastra
Website

My bad! Nothing to see here, move along. The notice came from an instance of Wordpress. A subdomain hosts a WP site; the main domain is Textpattern.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Board footer