Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#145 2015-07-20 10:26:51

Destry
Website

Re: Magazine to newsletter

wavesource wrote #293510:

…here’s an example I have knocked up … edit, throw up and add link in site footers.

…this would be suitable just for TXP.com but can be adapted per domain. I believe this is a good thing to get started with right now, and just requires an extra page per main TXP site, just replace .domain for required extensionJob done.

Thank you for doing this, David! If you don’t mind, I’ll be using a version of this for CSF’s draft privacy policy.

One thought about needing one of these for each domain… That redundancy can be skirted by adding an opening section — Definition of Terms — to a single privacy doc that defines “Us” (Textpattern), “You” (users of the “Website”), and “Website” (all web properties/domains/systems owned and supplied by “Us”). Then you simply point to the “Privacy Policy” location from all footer locations and web forms and maintain a single policy source over time.

Typically that definition of terms is what comes at the head of a ToS, which may also be needed at some point, but Txp could probably get away with writing the Privacy policy this way and it would be fine.

Last edited by Destry (2015-07-20 10:30:05)

#146 2015-07-20 21:05:45

wavesource

By all means, use it wherever and however you want.

#147 2015-07-23 00:25:23

Destry
Website

Turns out Txp has a Privacy Policy. Last touched in 2013, that’s pretty recent. ;)

You’d never know there was one in .com since a prominent link to it is missing in the footer. But low and behold, there it is in the forum footer.

The policy mentions a Textpattern newsletter? I think there’s some tightening up needing done there.

#148 2015-09-30 11:47:37

Destry
Website

/ Waves to wavesource. /

I, for one, have not forgot your offer to help with a newsletter. The time will eventually come, I’m sure. I hope you’ll still be aboard by then.

It’s just a guess on my part, but there probably won’t be serious focus on a newsletter until after .com relaunches. Once that’s done, which will iron out a number of hanging content issues, it will be a lot easier to begin broadcasting — and know what to say. It will also help when 4.6 is released, but that’s not as much of an inhibitor because hyping 4.6 is part of what a newsletter can do. The website, though… Yeah, that needs attention.

Board footer