Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-07-13 12:46:03

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

TXP 4.5.7 admin observations

Upgraded from Textpattern 4.4.1 to 4.5.7 a liitle over a week ago, so I’ve had a full week of working with the admin. I was a Classic admin theme user on 4.4.1, I’ve been using Hive all week.

Things to ponder:

• On the Content/Links tab, detail listing should show you sort order, very important for display purposes.
  • Blue vs Black on alternating grey background, hard to see.
    • On the Presentation/Forms tab, the alternating grey colors on the form names list on the right is a bit confusing. You don’t know by looking to the right what form you’re on or what form you just updated. On 4.4.1 the Classic theme showed Forms as red, with black being the one you were working on. Blue vs Black on alternating grey background, hard to see in comparison.
    • Same goes for the Pages and Styles tabs, you can’t tell what you’re working on.
  • In the old days, clicking on your site’s name in the header opened up a new tab in Firefox, now it just goes to your site – must remember to middle click.
  • Testing 4.6 locally, I’ve gotten used to the flat grey menu background on the default theme, as opposed to the yellow gradient look in 4.5.7. Applying that thinking to the backend, a Hive with flat syle headings and buttons, like Windows 10, might look nice.

4.5.7 was a big jump from 4.4.1 for me, I’ve had to adapt, but it was well worth the upgrade. Now that Google is on a Mobile-Friendliness kick, the new responsive default theme is just what the doctor ordered, scoring a 99% on the MF test. We can all learn a lot from Phil’s work on Hive and the Default Theme, I know I have.

Board footer