Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-07-08 23:50:10

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Default 4.5.7 theme - fonts.googleapis.com

While checking my site against the W3C validator, I kept getting errors on the fonts.googleapis.com stylesheet line.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=PT+Serif:n4,i4,n7,i7|Cousine">

I did some research and the validator doesn’t care for the pipe “|” character in the url.

I changed it to:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=PT+Serif:n4,i4,n7,i7%7CCousine">

Replacing the “|” with %7C made the validator happy, the stylsheet loads fine.

Here’s the W3C site I used to validate: https://validator.w3.org/nu/

There remains 2 errors and 2 warnings using the default 4.5.7 theme:

Info: The Content-Type was text/html. Using the HTML parser.
Info: Using the schema for HTML with SVG 1.1, MathML 3.0, RDFa 1.1, and ITS 2.0 support.
Error: Element hgroup not allowed as child of element header in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)
From line 39, column 1; to line 39, column 8
"banner">?<hgroup>?<h1><
Content model for element header:
Flow content, but with no header, footer, or main element descendants.
Error: The hgroup element is obsolete. To mark up subheadings, consider either just putting the subheading into a p element after the h1-h6 element containing the main heading, or else putting the subheading directly within the h1-h6 element containing the main heading, but separated from the main heading by punctuation and/or within, for example, a span class="subheading" element with differentiated styling. To group headings and subheadings, alternative titles, or taglines, consider using the header or div elements.
From line 39, column 1; to line 39, column 8
"banner">?<hgroup>?<h1><
Warning: Consider using the h1 element as a top-level heading only (all h1 elements are treated as top-level headings by many screen readers and other tools).
From line 46, column 1; to line 46, column 4
igation">?<h1>Naviga
Warning: Consider using the h1 element as a top-level heading only (all h1 elements are treated as top-level headings by many screen readers and other tools).
From line 89, column 1; to line 89, column 20
ticle">???<h1 itemprop="name"><a hre

#2 2015-07-09 07:15:44

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Default 4.5.7 theme - fonts.googleapis.com

Yes, the 4.5.7 theme is of it’s time (2 years ago) when <hgroup> was still a proposed HTML5 tag and validators were OK with the unencoded pipe.

If there is ever a 4.5.x update I would fix that – but no plans right now. If you get validation errors on 4.6 theme then let me know.

#3 2015-07-09 09:00:44

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Default 4.5.7 theme - fonts.googleapis.com

Damn, behind the times, I’ll try to catch up.

Board footer