Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-06-20 23:28:10

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Github - admin-layout-update branch gone?

Looking at the Textpattern Github repo, I was surprised that there is no trace of the admin-layout-update branch anymore (and the feed for it returns a 404, which is how I first noticed the issue). Accident? Or am I misunderstanding how Github works?

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2015-06-21 11:34:27

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Github - admin-layout-update branch gone?

Weird, look at this
Looks like that branch was first started by ClaireBrione and then passed on to me. That can’t be right.

#3 2015-06-21 15:42:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote #291739:

no trace of the admin-layout-update branch anymore

Phil deleted it on Friday. It had drifted so far away from the master branch (because in all the excitement, we forgot the “merge frequently, save pain later” mantra, ooops) that it was just going to be too much work to merge it back in. Phil’s forked it (errr, somewhere, can’t find it though) and will continue work there, merging master more often this time so we have a chance of issuing a pull request when it’s ready.

[ I did take a backup of the branch before I synced my local copy with the master repo, because I’m like that. ]

Watch this space for where Phil announces his fork lives so we can continue to PR against it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2015-06-21 23:25:13

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #291750:

Phil deleted it on Friday.

Aha! that explains it.

[ I did take a backup of the branch before I synced my local copy with the master repo, because I’m like that. ]

yeah, I have a local copy as well, but, as you say, that is a little bit out of sync with the master branch

Watch this space for where Phil announces his fork lives so we can continue to PR against it.

Watching… :-) There is of course the Hive-theme repo which has static pages showing where things are potentially heading.

Thanks for the update, Stef.

#5 2015-06-22 08:24:41

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Hi all,

Just to clarify where I’m at – I am actually going to put the branch back on the official repo but strive to keep it better in sync with master branch changes. I moved some of the non-layout changes from it into the master on Friday and once Stef’s description field work is finished I will make the new branch again.

#6 2015-06-24 22:04:31

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Hey again all,

The admin-layout-update branch is back on the GitHub project, will continue working on it. Still broken in places where I’m building it gradually, but useable.

#7 2015-06-24 23:48:33

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

@Phil
Thanks for keeping with that.

Board footer