Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-05-28 07:22:47

draganbabic
Website

Textpattern won't save article

Hey guys,

we seem to have a very strange problem with saving articles. We run a section on the http://healthclub.rs site where the owner has an article for each member of the gym that contains their profile, and their next week’s training plan. This means that each Sunday, he logs in to Textpattern and edits ~90 articles within an hour or two.

After a while the articles simply stop being updated. Texpattern confirms that he saved the article successfully, but the new content simply isn’t written to the DB or output to the site.

This was very strange to me until he told me that he edits so many articles in a short amount of time, and thought that maybe a spam prevention thing built into TXP? Maybe the hosting company is preventing us to write to the DB?

Please let me know if anyone has experienced anything similar, or has any kind of clue as to what could be causing this.

Thanks.

#2 2015-05-28 09:59:21

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Textpattern won't save article

I wonder if this is something being throttled at the hosting company end. Recommend contacting the web host to see what, if anything, they have in place for server security. I’ve never heard of anything in Textpattern itself limiting the number or variety of edits.

#3 2015-05-29 04:58:16

draganbabic
Website

Re: Textpattern won't save article

Thanks for the input, I will definitely investigate that option as well. I just wanted to make sure it’s not a known Textpattern issue/feature first.

Board footer