Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-06-22 13:07:42

philipj
Website

Blank admin side Page templates

Hi txp community,

My site is displaying correctly (http://biocurious.com/), but when I check the page templates from the admin panel under Presentation > Pages, I see nothing at all in the editing window, it’s just blank. Obviously it must not be blank if my site is displaying correctly. This also happens with some articles which display correctly on the web, but from within the admin interface also show up as blank.

Last year I upgraded to the current txp (was 4.5.4, and didn’t notice any problems when I did so), and more recently migrated to a new shared host, but didn’t notice any issues then either.

Any ideas? Could it be some kind of charset issue?

I am hesitating upgrading to more recent txp until I resolve this issue.

Are you Biocurious?

#2 2014-06-22 18:50:32

GugUser

Re: Blank admin side Page templates

I suppose you have under Presentation > Pages in the list on the right side more than one page. Is it the same with all pages, all are blank or empty?

#3 2014-06-22 23:11:17

philipj
Website

3 of the 5 are blank. Not blank are error_default (which I assume I have never modified, but can’t say for certain) and a page I created for the colophon of my site, which is still in use. But default is blank, as is archive and something I titled archive_list.

Are you Biocurious?

#4 2014-06-23 00:39:31

GugUser

And this three blank or empty pages are assigned to sections which work online? Or which page is assigned to the main section?

Sorry for my questions, but the code which is used for the published sections must come from somewhere. Your main-section (default) has, for example, html parts which don’t occur in the other pages (btw: not valid in XHTML 1.0 Transitional):

<div id="main">
	<section class="content"> (…)

… or <header> and <footer> in all pages. So you can search from where comes the <section> element, if the default page is empty.

#5 2015-02-16 20:00:27

philipj
Website

To answer my own question from a while back, at some point during a server migration, the line

$txpcfg[‘dbcharset’] = ‘utf8’;

was somehow deleted from the textpattern/config.php file. Putting it back has fixed everything.

Are you Biocurious?

Board footer