Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2015-02-08 12:07:41

mmelon

Re: mem_simple_form

does this plugin still work? I am getting a few errors on the page adding example from manfre:

Tag error: <txp:mem_simple_form table=“txp_page” id_field=“name” id_insert=“0”> -> Textpattern Error: Unknown column ‘submit’ in ‘field list’ while parsing form default on page archive

Tag error: <txp:mem_simple_form table=“txp_page” id_field=“name” id_insert=“0”> -> Warning: mysql_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given while parsing form default on page archive

Tag error: <txp:mem_simple_form table=“txp_page” id_field=“name” id_insert=“0”> -> Textpattern Notice: Failed to store data to table. while parsing form default on page archive

Textpattern version: 4.5.7 (r5900)

#86 2015-02-09 12:59:38

mmelon

can’t seem to get either mem_simple_form or mem_public_article working. Does anybody have any ideas?

#87 2015-02-09 16:42:33

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

mmelon wrote #288096:

does this plugin still work?

I believe so, but haven’t tried it recently.

Regarding your specific error, have you tried id_insert="1"? I’m not sure how you’re using this, but the txp_page’s primary key is not generated by Txp: it’s the name you supply. From what I can gather from the docs, you only set this attribute to 0 if the key field you nominate is an auto_increment.

Also check and double check your form fields in the container. They must adhere to the correct type_name convention or they won’t get inserted. And if you have a submit button in the form and you’ve renamed it, you’ll need to use the ignore_fields attribute to tell the plugin the name of your submit button. By default it excludes submit buttons named with the default mem_form_submit: if you’ve altered that, it’s probably trying to insert your submit button data into the table, when that column doesn’t exist.

Not sure if any of those will fix the issue, but they might be worth a shot.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#88 2015-02-09 21:40:09

mmelon

thanks stef i will try your suggestions. I just assumed that the example given by the plugin author would still work. I feared the worst when it spat out so many errors.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

#89 2015-02-12 23:56:20

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Hi,

I use with success mem_simple_form in a txp 4.5.1 installation (yes, I now, need a upgrade).
It’s for my personnal project manager (more info in french).
A Git repository exist in you want see how I use mem_simple_form for create new articles from front-end.

#90 2015-04-13 10:46:39

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Hello,

Maybe this is trivial, but… Does anyone know if it’s possible to send the content of mem_simple_form also by email? I managed to save the form in a txp db table, but I’d also like it to be notified by email.

Thanks a lot!

Board footer