Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-02-09 13:26:47

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

InnoDB as storage engine

Hi there,

my client’s provider will no longer support MyISAM as storage engine is changing all databases to the new MySQL standard InnoDB. He will change existent databases too. I don’t know enough of the differences of these engines and if Textpattern will smoothly working with this decision.

So the question is: Will this Textpattern site (and further updates) survive the switch from MyISAM to InnoDB?

#2 2015-02-09 14:47:41

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: InnoDB as storage engine

I’m far from an authority, but I’ve been running local dev copies on InnoDB and not noticed any problems. I’ve also got databases in use that have core tables in MyISAM and some plugins using InnoDB. Again, no issues as far as I can tell.

Hopefully someone can shed some official light on this with regards things like Full Text searches and the like. I expect we really should be using InnoDB one day…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2015-02-10 11:26:03

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Re: InnoDB as storage engine

That sounds promising so far, Stef.
AFAIK the Full Text searches on InnoDB requires at least MySQL 5.6.4. But I don’t know if it will work when switching the engine in contrast to creating a new table as InnoDB.

Board footer