Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » How do I…?
  3. » Blogger

#1 2015-01-29 21:22:38

townsend

Blogger

Is there a way to import my blogger posts I have exported in their blogger atom xml format?

#2 2015-01-29 21:47:37

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Blogger

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#3 2015-01-30 15:55:55

townsend

Thank you!

Too bad it is outdated. Even the workaround listed in the comments doesn’t work anymore since blogger won’t let you switch to the “old style”

To be fair, that was 2009.

#4 2015-01-30 16:18:10

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

townsend wrote #287931:

Too bad it is outdated. Even the workaround listed in the comments doesn’t work anymore since blogger won’t let you switch to the “old style”

If someone with a blogger site can supply some sample data in the “new style” I’m sure we can find some documentation on the Internet defining the data structure. From there we should be able to figure out how to transmogrify the content into Txp. Those importers haven’t been touched for aeons so I’m surprised any of them still work.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#5 2015-01-30 20:08:50

townsend

Bloke wrote #287932:

If someone with a blogger site can supply some sample data in the “new style” I’m sure we can find some documentation on the Internet defining the data structure. From there we should be able to figure out how to transmogrify the content into Txp. Those importers haven’t been touched for aeons so I’m surprised any of them still work.

I can do it. Blogger gives you two things you can do. Download the template (which I’m not that concerned about) and Export the blog. Each one is exported as an xml file. It says “Export your blog into the Blogger Atom export format. You can do this to move your blog to another blogging service or simply to store your blog on your own hard drive.”
I downloaded a defunct blog of mine that had only three posts.
So how can I send Xml files here? Their language makes it sound kind of cheeky “oh yeah, export it to another blogging service, sure, piece of cake.”
pfft. Yeah right. They’ll just change it again.

#6 2015-01-30 21:16:40

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

townsend wrote #287934:

So how can I send Xml files here?

Feel free to drop me a line via my website. You won’t be able to upload a file from there, but when I reply you’ll have my email address. Can’t promise I can do anything, but if I can help I will.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

1. Index
  2. » How do I…?
  3. » Blogger

Board footer