Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-01-02 21:56:47

dhurst

htaccess and php with register_global

Please excuse a question from someone who is not sophisticated in code. I am migrating two blogs on my host from a single server platform to a shared server to save money. The host has advised me of two potential issues, both of which seem to relate to my Textpattern installation (currently 4.4.1). This is the information they sent me and I am wondering if I need to do anything keep the blog running, or am I okay:

PHP’s register_globals is turned off by default. You are using one or more .php scripts. Not all php scripts will run without modification on a server group web server. Specifically, any script that requires the register_globals setting to be turned on will fail, because this is turned off on group web servers.

Modifying php settings in .htaccess is not supported. There is an .htaccess file containing “php_flag” or “php_value” settings. PHP using Fast CGI does not support using these settings in .htaccess. Any required non-default PHP settings need to be put into ~/public_html/fcgi-bin/php.ini to ensure they keep working.”

Thank you for your time.

#2 2015-01-02 22:13:25

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: htaccess and php with register_global

That shouldn’t be a problem.
It’s good that register_globals is turned off by default and TXP doesn’t (by default) use php_flag or php_value settings in .htaccess.

#3 2015-01-03 06:22:06

dhurst

ruud wrote #287034:

That shouldn’t be a problem.
It’s good that register_globals is turned off by default and TXP doesn’t (by default) use php_flag or php_value settings in .htaccess.

Thank you!

#4 2015-01-03 16:33:21

GugUser

It’s recommendable to update your old Textpattern version.

Board footer