Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#817 2011-12-14 03:36:46

elwins

Re: ign_password_protect

I have installed
mem_self_register 0.9.6 – Default register form works perfect, new users are in new database table and are shown in Admin panel.
ign_password_protect 0.5b4 – Default login form, and lot of mine versions dont work, always it says: “There was a problem logging in.” for new users, who are registred with mem_self_register and for TXP first and other admin users. Maybe someone can help me to activate tis login system?

#818 2011-12-14 03:51:53

whaleen
Website

elwins wrote:

“There was a problem logging in.” for new users, who are registred with mem_self_register and for TXP first and other admin users.

I posted a reply to another post of yours in this thread.

I had mentioned cbe_frontauth as an alternative to ign_password protect. I don’t want to take away from ign_password_protect as it deeply ingrained now in many projects going forward so no offense intended to Igner. I’m merely seeking the best forward approaches to our questions.

I have been away from Textpattern for about a year and had had many similar questions to yours then. Since returning have had none using cbe_frontauth. May be something to do with cookies. Don’t know.

Perhaps you could give me a login to your site’s install. I’d be happy to help trouble shoot since I am hard at work with TXP again. There is huge potential under way and I’m really eager help and to learn. Also, you speak better English than I do Latvian so a look at your code would help us both.

Last edited by whaleen (2011-12-14 03:53:45)

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#819 2011-12-14 04:07:56

elwins

I installed lastest version of ign_password_protect 0.6.2 and Login working, register with
mem_self_register 0.9.6
mem_form 0.8.4
working too, but now is this Error serie:

Ar spraudņa ielādi ir radušās problēmas – Problems with plugin

Ar spraudņa ielādi ir radušās problēmas: ign_password_protect -> Notice: Undefined index:  nonce on line 494
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()'d code:135 ign_doTxpValidate()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:653 eval()
textpattern/publish.php:118 load_plugins()
index.php:44 include()
tag_error <txp:mem_self_register_form form="u_register_form" /> ->  Notice: Undefined index:  txphorum_mem_Body  on line 27
txphorum_mem()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:695 call_user_func_array()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()'d code:203 callback_event()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()'d code:421 mem_form()
textpattern/publish.php:1188 mem_self_register_form()
textpattern/publish.php:1100 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:538 parse()
index.php:45 textpattern()
tag_error <txp:mem_self_register_form form="u_register_form" /> ->  Notice: Undefined index:  RealName  on line 457
mem_self_register_form_submit()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:695 call_user_func_array()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(540) : eval()'d code:203 callback_event()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()'d code:421 mem_form()
textpattern/publish.php:1188 mem_self_register_form()
textpattern/publish.php:1100 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:538 parse()
index.php:45 textpattern()

This is about 2nd month while I am working with Textpattern, and I’m glad that I installed it on my computer! :)

Last edited by elwins (2011-12-14 04:13:48)

#820 2011-12-14 10:18:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

elwins wrote:

Notice: Undefined index: txphorum_mem_Body on line 27

That implies you’re using TXPhorum. If so, are you using the publicly available version from Ben’s site (v0.3)? There were a number of issues with it that I’ve since tracked down and fixed, which may mend at least one of those two errors.

If you are using it and would like my newer version then just get in touch. Actually I should probably make it available as it is (perhaps as a beta), but I do have a little work to do on it when I get some time. I wanted to rip the default theme apart to make it look prettier out of the box, as well as using it to show off new features like txp-categories-as-sub-forums, and sticky posts.

Either way, both of those errors are just warnings that you can more than likely ignore. If it seems to work, you can take solace in the fact the messages will disappear when you set your site to Live mode.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-12-14 10:19:53)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#821 2012-03-14 15:58:39

Teemu

I’ve got some trouble with the ‘Also authenticate against txp_users?’ setting. I use alternate database and on first setup this function will copy users from txp_users table to the ign_user table. However if later users will be added to the txp_table, and I will try to update ign_users table, nothing happends. New users from txp_users are not copied to the ign_users table.

Nor will the checkbox state of ‘Also authenticate against txp_users?’ save.

Is this function only supposed to be used on setup?

#822 2012-07-11 23:28:56

photonomad
Website

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I installed ign_password_protect v0.6.2 on txp 4.4.1. I am using it with the regular txp users table. It works just fine for all users except for the ones with privilege 0 (none).

The plugin instructions say:

privs: Comma separated list of privilege levels to compare against.
If omitted, plugin simply checks for account existence (including privs = None).

This is my code:

<txp:ign_show_login />
<txp:ign_if_logged_in>
content for logged in users
<txp:else /></txp:ign_if_logged_in>

I’ve also tried it with <txp:ign_if_logged_in privs="0">content for logged in users<txp:else /></txp:ign_if_logged_in> to no avail.

if the user has a privilege level of none, then it always says: “There was a problem logging in.” (I’ve double-checked that the password is correct)

Last edited by photonomad (2012-07-11 23:51:20)

#823 2012-07-12 07:59:01

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

correct me, if im wrong, but i guess that was due to a security update in txp 4.4.1. not possible any more to log in with priv 0.

#824 2013-12-06 11:29:12

j0nr

Hi, New Textpattern user here. I have my installation set up and working but I cannot for the life of me figure out how I am supposed to setup this ign_password_protect plugin.

I have the plugin installed, but my lack of understanding on Textpattern admin-ing is a little green and I don’t know where I am supposed to be putting these tags to make it work.

If someone could explain or just link to some articles explaining how I might achieve the following, I would be really grateful:

I want a Public and Private section. (I have created my private section).

To all public (non-logged in members), by default, they just see a list of Public articles and know nothing of th existence of the Private section.

Once logged in (or trying to access via a link) the Private section becomes visible.

Thanks so much!

Jon

#825 2015-01-02 19:22:47

pierlu

They nearly succeeded finally using the plugin ign_show_login, I created the following form:

<div class="login"> 
<txp:ign_show_login>
<form name="login" action="a href="<txp:section name="il-materiale" />"
<table border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="5">
<tr>
<div class="utente"><td>Utente:</td><td><input type="text" name="nome" size="25" maxlength="25" value="pierlu" required></td>
</tr><tr></div>
<div class="password"><td>Password:</td><td><input type="password" size="25" value="pierlu" ></td>
</tr><tr></div>
<tr><td></td><td><input type=submit value="Invia i Dati" onClick="utente(this.form)"><input type=reset value="Annulla"></td></tr>
</table>
</form>
</txp:ign_show_login>
 </div>

But I entered username and password redirects the home and not to the section indicated in the code why?

#826 2015-01-02 20:03:28

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

First make sure your HTML is valid. Use validator.w3.org

<div class="login"> 
  <txp:ign_show_login>
    <form name="login" action="/<txp:section name="il-materiale" />">
      <table border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="5">
        <tr class="utente">
          <td>Utente:</td>
          <td><input type="text" name="nome" size="25" maxlength="25" value="pierlu" required></td>
        </tr>
        <tr class="password">
          <td>Password:</td>
          <td><input type="password" size="25" value="pierlu" ></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td></td>
          <td><input type=submit value="Invia i Dati" onClick="utente(this.form)"><input type=reset value="Annulla"></td>
        </tr>
      </table>
    </form>
  </txp:ign_show_login>
</div>

#827 2016-03-29 16:01:29

miles
Website

Does anyone have this plugin handy? The website is now completely gone :(

#828 2016-03-29 16:20:57

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

There are two repositories for the plugin on Github:

It looks like Igner’s version has commits as recent as 2012, so it may be more “up-to-date”. I’m not sure if either is compatible with the latest stable version of Textpattern, though.

Board footer