Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-10-17 13:34:46

ingleslenobel

How do I not show "Comments and Commenting is closed..."?

Hello,

For various reasons I’d like to try and use textpattern as the frontend/CMS to write articles but plugin different “add comment” functionality from a different script that I already have on my site. The frontend though of textpattern shows

“Comments

Commenting is closed for this article.”

When you switch commenting off on the backend, which I gather comes through because it is automatically included in the TP tag. (Maybe I understand it wrongly?)

Can I ask what is the recommended way to not have these?

Many thanks for your time,

-Johan

#2 2014-10-17 14:10:53

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: How do I not show "Comments and Commenting is closed..."?

Assuming Textpattern 4.5.7 – check Presentation -> Forms -> comments_display, starting line #58:

<txp:if_comments>
    <p><strong><txp:text item="comments_expired" /></strong></p>
  <txp:else />
    <p><strong><txp:text item="comments_closed" /></strong></p>
  </txp:if_comments>

Comment/strip that out and you’ll remove the Commenting is closed for this article. part. Additionally, if you want to remove Comments, that’s in the same form from line #46:

<!-- if new comments are allowed for this article then display comment form, if not then display 'closed' messages -->
<txp:if_comments_allowed>
  <section id="comments-form">

<!-- comment invite text is taken for the article's comment invitation field on the 'write' screen -->
    <h3><txp:comments_invite showcount="0" textonly="1" showalways="1" /></h3>

<txp:comments_form isize="32" msgcols="64" msgrows="4" /> <!-- links by default to form: 'comment_form.comment.txp' unless you specify a different form -->
  </section>

#3 2014-10-17 14:13:01

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Hello Johan,

setting “Automatically append comments to articles?” to “No” in basic preferences should turn both off.

#4 2014-10-17 14:57:09

ingleslenobel

Thank you gents, much appreciated. For whatever reason the antivirus at work sees the editor page as cross scripting so doesn’t let me edit and tinker there – so didn’t see these were distictly named items.

Board footer