Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-08-25 13:49:42

mwallon

Lot of writers and pages

Hi,
I have a simple CMS that I created myself and now thinking of migrating to a more robust one. I’ve looked in to Textpattern and most of what I like to do seems possible but there is one thing that is very critical that I don’t really now if it’s possible. I have a lot of different authors that take care of their own content htat is more or less articles with text, one image and one sound file per article. They shouldn’t have to see all others content. My thought was to set up acounts where each author can create their own page and everything they create and upload will be linked to articles on that page. But I really don’t know if this is possible?

Best regards
/magnus

#2 2014-08-25 14:13:36

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Lot of writers and pages

Hi Magnus, welcome to the forum.

I don’t think you can instruct Textpattern to do what you want out of the box, but here is a plugin to get you started. Basically, it hides other authors articles from the logged user. Since you seem to have some experience in programming, it shouldn’t be too difficult to extend it to other types of content (images, files, …). What you need is a callback list, and probably some help, that you’ll surely get here.

#3 2014-08-25 14:35:42

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

mwallon wrote #283218:

I have a simple CMS that I created myself and now thinking of migrating to a more robust one. I’ve looked in to Textpattern and most of what I like to do seems possible but there is one thing that is very critical that I don’t really now if it’s possible. I have a lot of different authors that take care of their own content htat is more or less articles with text, one image and one sound file per article. They shouldn’t have to see all others content. My thought was to set up acounts where each author can create their own page and everything they create and upload will be linked to articles on that page. But I really don’t know if this is possible?

Marcus,

I would recommend Multiple Authors: Limiting Posting Privs to one Section? and Modifying User Account Roles and Privileges, Sections, Posting for further reading.

And taking a look at bot_privs and smd_user_manager.

#4 2014-08-25 15:59:23

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

mwallon wrote #283218:

My thought was to set up acounts where each author can create their own page and everything they create and upload will be linked to articles on that page. But I really don’t know if this is possible?

You can certainly do that. You can create your own dashboard system on the back-end using plugins like smd_tabber and/or control privileges for multiple authors using smd_user_manager.

But if you’re after something a little more low-key, check out the plugin snippet named mrd_for_your_eyes_only. It’s not a fully compiled plugin so you’ll need to create it yourself (ied_plugin_composer can help or you can use the plugin template). That example limits all user’s content in the admin panels to their own content only.

Hope some of that helps.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer