Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#805 2014-07-01 18:06:58

uli

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

After submitting the cart to Paypal, for the user just nothing happens during several seconds and he might loose confidence re the functioning of the shop. There is, however, a notice displayed before the actual Paypal site opens, although probably unperceived as it appears below the remaing cart section.
It’d be great if future versions of the plugin would display the notice above the cart section: The bottom of the cart section can get below the fold too easily because the page jumps to the top after submitting. Especially if you turn on images for the cart, but also if the client ordered many articles or simply has a small screen.

BTW, that notice can be styled to be more striking via p#yabshoppaypalforward.yab-shop-message (I mention that as I found it impossible to capture the ID with Firebug).

Last edited by uli (2014-07-02 10:40:27)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#806 2014-07-14 14:56:52

uli

Has anybody found a solution for the annotation textarea of the cart page, i.e. what happens with any text already entered if the user chooses “Paypal” instead of “Invoice”?

Last edited by uli (2014-07-15 10:50:50)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#807 2014-07-15 11:00:34

uli

I’ve reworded my above question, it couldn’t be easily understood. Please give it a new try ;)

A word of warning: all the database fields for yab_shop_lang, regardless of their appearance as text input field or textarea, can only take 255 characters. Might lead to untended looks with texts being cut off or even juristic complications in case obligatory legal texts are concerned.

#808 2014-07-16 19:09:20

uli

I wrote #281820:

The bottom of the cart section can get below the fold too easily because the page jumps to the top after submitting. Especially if you turn on images for the cart, but also if the client ordered many articles or simply has a small screen.

I found the reason for the described baviour: The page tries to skip to #yab-shop-checkout-anchor but there simply is no element with that ID on the page. I think I could fix this by replacing the ID, at least it seems(!) to work but, please, Stef and Tommy, have a look at what I propose, whether it might impose problems I don’t yet perceive. Thanks!

Line 1260, before:

),'form', ' method="post" action="'.pagelinkurl(array('s' => yab_shop_config('checkout_section_name'))).'#yab-shop-checkout-anchor" id="yab-checkout-form"'

After:

),'form', ' method="post" action="'.pagelinkurl(array('s' => yab_shop_config('checkout_section_name'))).'#yabshoppaypalforward" id="yab-checkout-form"'

#809 2014-07-16 20:14:51

uli

Found the first problem myself: On form submit check, the page doesn’t skip up anymore to the ID I replaced, the one that holds the issues the form is having. Actually there needed to be one more interrogation done by the plugin at which state the checkout process currently is, in order to use the appropriate ID as URL hash. I’m running out of ideas on how to fix that myself, that’s way beyond my horizon.

#810 2014-08-06 22:53:53

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Hi,
I have this error on Paypal using the promocode with Yab_Shop 0.8.1 :

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

In my case, this fix seems to work; and this one does not.

But I also found something between these two which works:
(I don’t know if it’s a better solution… but it works and it could maybe help Trenc or Bloke.)

Replace
return $price;
to:
return number_format($price,2);

I also noticed that the phone number from my checkout form does not appear on the Paypal payment page; the field is empty.
Is there a way to send it nicely? Thx!

Last edited by NicolasGraph (2014-08-06 23:16:12)

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

#811 2014-08-09 17:23:50

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

NicolasGraph wrote #282682:

Replace return $price; to: return number_format($price,2);

Hmm, well round() worked for me in GBP… perhaps in some currencies it doesn’t? I guess number_format() is the correct way to do it (and may take localisation into account) whereas round() might not, especially if the decimal separator is a European comma instead of a British dot. Probably just stupidity on my part, thanks for the heads up. Will look into fixing it.

I also noticed that the phone number from my checkout form does not appear on the Paypal payment page; the field is empty.

That is odd. No idea at the moment, sorry. I’ll have to do some digging, but I thought I’d tested it in my version.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#812 2014-08-12 10:21:04

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Bloke,
Just to let you know that I’ve just tried with round() in GBP and british dot, but it doesn’t seem to work anyway on my shop. If you want to test the same order as me it is : 3×1prod. at 12(€or£)=36 -10%discount=32.40. Other users could maybe tell if round() work for them…

Nicolas

#813 2014-08-14 08:43:40

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Hi… again.
I didn’t use MLP with Yab_Shop yet, but I read that it works if Yab_shop is installed first.
Does it work with the official version or with the Bloke’s version only and is it possible to have a different shipping cost for each language?
Thx!

Last edited by NicolasGraph (2014-08-14 13:58:31)

Nicolas

#814 2014-08-18 06:41:32

odd-code

Can someone out there please help me. I am getting an error message using <txp:yab_shop_price />
Tag error: <txp:yab_shop_price /> -> Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given while parsing form product_list on page product_template

#815 2014-08-19 12:02:08

uli

oddcode, a forum search brings up this info, would it help?

trenc wrote #216481:

You must write prices in decimal. So if a product will costs €12, so write the price as 12,00 or 12.00, then it should work.

One more tip: Subscribe to the topics you’ve posted to. There’s a button at the bottom of each topic page for doing so.

#816 2014-10-09 13:02:09

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Hi,
I’m trying to make MLP work with yab_shop (Stef’s version) but the website reset the cart at each request.
Does someone know how to make these two plugins work together?
Thx!

Last edited by NicolasGraph (2014-10-09 13:13:55)

Nicolas

Board footer