You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2014-06-03 12:56:47

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Image Article Selector

The image sources are based to the root host :

/images/xx.jpg

So if you are installed Textpattern in a subfolder in your host, the plugin don’t find images.

#14 2014-06-03 13:16:36

richtestani
Plugin Author

Thanks GugUser & bloke for your responses!

@GugUser It sounds like the javascript isn’t working, where the link is reloading the page instead preventing the link from following the the href. I’m not sure why this would happen unless you downloaded right after I posted the initial post. make sure version 0.3 is running, otherwise I will look into that.

I was inspired by a different article selector, one with a select list where you could select a single image from it. It was helpful, but files names often told me nothing about what I was choosing. I had a few similar plugins that offered a help in getting to your images but wasn’t overly helpful where I had to know a little more about my images or they should be named well enough. So I build this item. It hadn’t occurred someone would have built something so similar.

Being biased, as all developers probably are, I’ll say my version is a bit more concise, while mcm_article_image has a bit more features. But mcm plugin is pretty much the same the thing I was going for.

@bloke Agree about everything you mention. I need to style the images and text a little nicer. I also want to develop it further of mobile, include some ajax loading to soften the load times. I built this for a client who literally has hundreds of images, and the load takes its toll.

I will likely post a new update later today.
Thanks everyone
Rich

#15 2014-06-03 13:30:28

richtestani
Plugin Author

@sarcipant It should lookup your images folder based on the preference.

$txpImage 		= '/' . $prefs[ 'img_dir' ] . '/';

Last edited by richtestani (2014-06-03 13:32:07)

Board footer