Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2014-03-13 01:34:37

Winstontaneous

Re: Edit error: Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again.

Hi Bloke, thanks for your response.

1. Happens in Live, Debug & Testing
  2. I’m using PHP 5.5.3
  3. No, my Bash shell “find” search didn’t reveal a file with that name in my TXP installation (which makes me realize I have to fix my vhosts.conf as I thought it was set to make logs per site). Also no record in php_error.log, or apache_error.log (aside from seg fault info I originally pasted). Mac system log has httpd error reports matching times this happens, but nothing I see has line numbers or references TXP files/folders.

Last edited by Winstontaneous (2014-03-13 01:36:53)

When all is said and done, there’s nothing left to say or do.

My tunes videos blog

#38 2014-03-13 09:08:09

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Winstontaneous wrote #279706:

no record in php_error.log, or apache_error.log (aside from seg fault info I originally pasted). Mac system log has httpd error reports matching times this happens, but nothing I see has line numbers or references TXP files/folders.

Rats. Was hoping there might be some kind of trail we could latch onto. Is it just articles this happens on? Can you upload, edit and save images ok?

Since it might be AJAX related, is there anything given away in the browser’s inspector/Firebug if you reload the Write panel with the article being edited and hit Save? You should get a network call to the admin side with a bunch of parameters and a splurge of HTML thrown back to the console, but no errors. Anything untoward there might give us a clue.

By way of eliminating or implicating AJAX, you could also try adding this to the end of your config.php file:

define('AJAXALLY_CHALLENGED', true);

That switches off the AJAX interaction and reverts the admin side to old skool saves. If that improves things, at least we have a place to start hunting.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#39 2014-03-14 05:17:10

Winstontaneous

Let’s see:
  • Just articles (but not all). It happens on one all the time and only intermittently on others.
  • I can upload, edit, and save images (and post them in articles)
  • With Firefox dev tools open, successful saves return the like:
    22:00:58.956 POST http://txptest/textpattern/index.php [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 29ms]
    …and clicking on the link gives an “Inspect Network Request” box showing Request Headers, Cookies Sent, and Response Headers
  • Unsuccessful save attempt shows Request and Cookies sent but no Response
  • Adding AJAX bit to config.php didn’t do anything, still getting same edit error

Thanks again!

My tunes videos blog

#40 2014-03-19 01:55:52

fiddle

Getting the same thing on a live site.. nothing has changed in about a month, then all of the sudden, editing a specific brings up this error..
If i delete something, goes through fine, only when I try to add text to the post does it happen..
Im confused..

#41 2014-03-19 08:31:56

kees-b
Website

fiddle wrote #279819:

Getting the same thing on a live site.. nothing has changed in about a month, then all of the sudden, editing a specific brings up this error..

In my case it disappeared as sudden as it came! Never found any reason why it came and went… Though I have the impression that is had something to do with asynchronus ‘timing’ between javascript(s) and server. Making it in essence some sort of a fast time-out error. But correct me if I’m wrong.

#42 2014-03-19 11:53:48

fiddle

kees-b wrote #279823:

In my case it disappeared as sudden as it came! Never found any reason why it came and went… Though I have the impression that is had something to do with asynchronus ‘timing’ between javascript(s) and server. Making it in essence some sort of a fast time-out error. But correct me if I’m wrong.

I hope mine does too….
Its weird, its only on a specific post… So I thought, ok, let me delete it, rewrite it… Same thing, although I write edit different posts no problem, my textpattern has something against that specific content… lol

#43 2014-03-19 12:22:10

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

fiddle wrote #279826:

I hope mine does too….
Its weird, its only on a specific post… So I thought, ok, let me delete it, rewrite it… Same thing, although I write edit different posts no problem, my textpattern has something against that specific content… lol

That sounds like your host’s, or server’s, HTTP packet filtering is blocking the submission. Its getting flagged due to that specific content.

#44 2014-03-19 15:09:05

fiddle

I dont know, dont think so..
It was something that has existed for awhile, was changing a file id on on a custom field.. Deleted the old one, was able to create an identical post, added content, saved, added a little more, saved, at some point stopped letting me.. But dosent happen anywhere else.. A little weird..
Noticed that when I the save button, I get a
File not found [/home/site/public_html/500.shtml]
Have a ticket open with my host, but Ive made the mistake to get a host that works off a ticket system, no telephone support… not happy… :(

#45 2014-03-27 05:01:02

Winstontaneous

Strangely this error (which I’ve only seen on my MAMP localhost) has gone away for me on the one persnickety post.

I had upgraded MAMP to latest version (with PHP 5.5.9) after I first experienced it, but that didn’t solve it directly. Didn’t play with TXP for a few days, now everything seems to be peachy. I did reboot (as opposed to just “sleeping”) the computer for probably the first time since the MAMP upgrade, maybe that did it.

My tunes videos blog

#46 2014-08-21 16:53:30

Leonick

is it possible that the problem comes from a too-short session duration ?
when i look to http header, i saw that the message appear after the request sent and a 200 apache header is return

#47 2014-10-30 16:18:13

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

Same problem here with latest 4.5.7 txp. No idea where it came from but it appeared shortly after I was working with smd_macro. Hope it will dissapear but would be nice if I could kick its ass. =)

Last edited by demoncleaner (2014-10-30 16:21:49)

#48 2014-10-30 18:37:41

uli

demoncleaner wrote #285272:

[…] appeared shortly after I was working with smd_macro.

Going through the topic, mrdale’s post with all its H1 headlines caught my attention. Also, have you made sure you’re using the latest version of smd_macro?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer