Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-02-19 16:22:28

uli

Colour scheme of forum's Google search results

Recently I noticed a change in the links’ colours on search results pages, now reflecting the familiar colour scheme of the forum links. What’s gone with that change is the visited links colour. Does Google allow customised colours there, too? It’s been really helpful to see which of all these similar looking entries have been visited yet.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#2 2014-02-19 16:28:29

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Colour scheme of forum's Google search results

Hey Uli – this might be worth reading:

www.labnol.org/internet/google-custom-search-css/28360/

#3 2014-02-19 19:22:53

uli

Thanks, Pete. labnol.org are offering their search results on their own domain, whereas our results come under Google’s address, so that probably won’t apply here I guess.

I’m a happy user of Stylish and could quickly have a “:visited” colour back for myself, but I just thought I’d ask whether there’s a fix for the whole community.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2014-02-19 20:52:21

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

uli wrote #279104:

labnol.org are offering their search results on their own domain, whereas our results come under Google’s address, so that probably won’t apply here I guess.

You’re right, I didn’t pick up on that. Good catch.

I’m a happy user of Stylish and could quickly have a “:visited” colour back for myself, but I just thought I’d ask whether there’s a fix for the whole community.

Smart money is on etc_query. The last thing it did was teach me judo, it’s magical.

Board footer