Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-02-09 18:52:46

JimJoe
Website

Resolved: scrambled mysql, deleted mysql, import worked

I’m not sure how I did it, but I broke one of my Crestar site. http://crestar/drivein-jim.net/crestar/

Mysql backup, without the visitor log part is under 6 megs. With the visitor log it is over 55 megs. My web host has a 50 meg limit.

I tried both editing out the visitor logs and gzip the over 55 meg file.

Here is what I got when I imported the backup.

SQL query:

— — Dumping data for table `drivein_textpattern` — INSERT INTO `drivein_textpattern` (`ID`, `Posted`, `Expires`, `AuthorID`, `LastMod`, `LastModID`, `Title`, `Title_html`, `Body`, `Body_html`, `Excerpt`, `Excerpt_html`, `Image`, `Category1`, `Category2`, `Annotate`, `AnnotateInvite`, `comments_count`, `Status`, `textile_body`, `textile_excerpt`, `Section`, `override_form`, `Keywords`, `url_title`, `custom_1`, `custom_2`, `custom_3`, `custom_4`, `custom_5`, `custom_6`, `custom_7`, `custom_8`, `custom_9`, `custom_10`, `uid`, `feed_time`) VALUES (1669, ’2010-01-30 16:43:32’, ’0000-00-00 00:00:00’, ‘Jorin’, ’2010-01-30 16:49:13’, ‘Jorin’, ‘conversion so far’, ‘’, ‘I haven’‘t counted them, but only about half the categories I have on the old site imported. Trillolara, the nation with the most sub-categories, has no sub-categories in here.\r\n\r\nTextpattern does, after learning more on how to use it, does seem much easier to use than Wordpress, and certainly has more help available th[…]

MySQL said: Documentation
  1. - Duplicate entry ‘1669’ for key ‘PRIMARY

I am unable to login to get the diagnostic page. I can log into MySql and type things there to check things if need to.

So I deleted the MySql database and the mysql user. Recreated them using the same username/db name. Import worked fine then.

Now I get the following error.

general_error Textpattern Error: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_prefs’ doesn’t exist on line 95

general_error Textpattern Error: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_prefs’ doesn’t exist on line 95

general_error Textpattern Error: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_lang’ doesn’t exist on line 95

general_error Textpattern Error: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_lang’ doesn’t exist on line 95

General error Textpattern Error: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_section’ doesn’t exist on line 95

General error Textpattern Error: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_page’ doesn’t exist on line 95

General error Textpattern Error: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_page’ doesn’t exist on line 95

How do I fix this ?

Thank you !

edit:

Now it says this, when i try to go to the admin page and login.

Warning: Table ‘drivein_txtp.textpattern’ doesn’t exist describe `textpattern` in /usr/home/drivein/public_html/crestar/crestar/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Warning: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_503’ in /usr/home/drivein/public_html/crestar/crestar/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Warning: Table ‘drivein_txtp.txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_default’ in /usr/home/drivein/public_html/crestar/crestar/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

DB-Connect was succesful, but the textpattern-table was not found.

Last edited by JimJoe (2014-02-10 22:01:49)

#2 2014-02-10 13:42:24

uli

Re: Resolved: scrambled mysql, deleted mysql, import worked

Jim, try adjusting the table prefix in your config.php according to what you find when you look at your table names in phpMyAdmin.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2014-02-10 15:58:54

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

This won’t help your MySQL in the first instance, Jim, but turn off logging on your site. It sounds obvious, but I know you have a lot of pages on your site and that will chew up your MySQL allocation. If you need logging, switch it to a day or something small and view them regularly: my understanding is that the action of viewing the logs will truncate them down to your required size (i.e., there is no scheduled culling of the logs in Textpattern, so setting logs to 1 day limit will still have them accrue until you view them, at which point the logs outside of that 1 day will be chopped. As with anything, my understanding may be wrong, but I’m sure someone will correct me if that is the case.

#4 2014-02-10 20:59:28

JimJoe
Website

I cannot log in on the admin page.

I can go to myphpadmin. The config.php matches the name of the db in myphpadmin. So I’m not sure what you want me to do.

#5 2014-02-10 21:03:50

JimJoe
Website

I did find something different between this install and another install on the same web host.

edit.

txtp is 4.2 on the site, but I had upgraded it to a newer one. I’ll try that.

Last edited by JimJoe (2014-02-10 21:29:08)

#6 2014-02-10 21:24:42

JimJoe
Website

Extra characters at the front of each table name, removed that, I can at least log in to admin now.

Crestar front page doesn’t look normal though.

I’ll decrease the log file size.

#7 2014-02-10 21:39:37

JimJoe
Website

The entrance page, linked earlier in this thread, doesn’t scroll up and down. I can see the page, if I extend the browser window down with my mouse. Is that txp ? Or something else ?

#8 2014-02-10 22:01:12

JimJoe
Website

Fixed the scrolling problem. I found I had changed the form being used was broken. I copied from default and added my menus back in.

All fixed.

#9 2014-02-10 22:14:18

uli

JimJoe wrote #278784:

Extra characters at the front of each table name, removed that.

I called that “table prefix” above. My approach would have been the other way around, adding the prefix to config.php, but … hey:

All fixed.

Great!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#10 2014-02-10 22:27:11

JimJoe
Website

The same extra word got put in the table name for all tables. It wasn’t there in my other txp sites, so I felt it would be good to remove it.

And oops, I meant Section, not Form.

Board footer