Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2014-01-20 17:15:47

tomasbavington

Re: I'm writing a Textpattern book - what should it include?

I think the idea of a series of mini-books would work quite well or at least breaking it up into chapters. I write articles about emerging technology (www.vmrconsultants.com) and found that, as a rule, conflating individuals authors into one collective book definitely works better than clearly separating them, this is especially true of manuals.

#38 2014-01-22 21:45:22

JimJoe
Website

I like the idea of both a book and small ebooks. I say small ebooks as my Asus tablet has a problem with pdfs over a certain size. My ereaders have no problems with the same size files. About 1-2 megabytes.

I like holding a book in my hands, and I have a number of computer ebooks on my tablet.

#39 2015-09-01 02:21:26

bici
Website Mastodon

anything to report on progress of a TxP book?

…. texted postive

#40 2015-09-04 09:35:13

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

bici wrote #294456:

anything to report on progress of a TxP book?

Hey bici – aside from it being a millstone project (all my own doing, of course), it’s still on the to-do list and will hopefully move its way toward the top. I’m not currently working on it actively (spare time is very rare) but it will happen, likely using 4.6 as the foundation. I haven’t forgotten, and I continue to renew the domain as a reminder on my wallet.

Board footer