Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-10-25 22:06:46

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

[textile] Textile v2.5.2 and v3.5.2 released

Hi all,

This post announces the immediate availability of the PHP Textile library releases 2.5.2 and 3.5.2. These releases fix number of bugs and issues with the Textile library and its formatting features. Full list of changes reads:

• Improved support for Redcloth-style definition lists.
    1. Allow multiple terms
    2. Allow linebreaks in terms
  • Fix incorrectly rendered rel attributes (closes #103.)
  • Fix getSymbol() so it actually returns the named symbol (closes #104.)
  • Fix unicode link aliases that were broken on some PCRE_UTF8 supporting systems.
  • Fix collapsing whitespace and preserve newlines. Preserves whitespace inside long bc, notextile and pre blocks, rather than collapsing two or more empty lines down to one. Renders whitespace as it was defined, rather than using hard-coded single LF to separate lines (closes #109 and #111.)
  • Fix the number of code tags rendered inside long code blocks (closes #116.)
  • Fix token spoofing from the document body by randomizing token references (closes #115.)
  • Add image dimensions to images even when Textile is run on command line. On CLI, images are looked from the current working directory.
  • Define internal class properties as protected rather than at all, causing them to be created as public.
  • Move internal property definitions from the constructor to class definition.
  • Added runnable PHPUnit tests, integration with Travis CI.
  • Removed error suppression, the code doesn’t intentionally produce notices.
  • Add br tags to headings instead of leaving linebreaks untouched.

Meanwhile, I’ve given my helping hands to Textile development and we’ve moved the repository location to here. So, update your bookmarks, repository links and clones.

Downloads | Source/instructions: 2.5.2, 3.5.2

Last edited by Gocom (2013-10-25 22:19:12)

#2 2013-10-26 06:00:29

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: [textile] Textile v2.5.2 and v3.5.2 released

Hi Jukka, thanks for your work on this. I guess the reason for the two versions are the php min requirements right?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2013-10-26 08:12:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

colak wrote:

Hi Jukka, thanks for your work on this. I guess the reason for the two versions are the php min requirements right?

Yes. 2.5.2 is a legacy release that offers PHP 5.0.0 compatibility, while the 3.5.2 is the one everyone should be opt-in for, if possible. 2.5.x merely exists to offer support for older PHP releases and will eventually become feature frozen and only get critical bug and security fixes.

Last edited by Gocom (2013-10-26 08:13:10)

#4 2013-10-26 09:42:10

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hello folks,

Nice to be back for a quick post.

Gocom wrote:

Meanwhile, I’ve given my helping hands to Textile development and we’ve moved the repository location to here. So, update your bookmarks, repository links and clones.

I very much appreciate having Jukka as part of the Textile Organization on Github – he’s brought fresh momentum to the development.

colak wrote:

I guess the reason for the two versions are the php min requirements right?

Jukka’s answer is correct but there is another aspect as well: the 2.5 series of releases maintains the Textile parser as a single PHP file and is not PSR-0 compatible.

Steve

#5 2013-10-26 10:59:06

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks Net-carver and Gocom for update.

This version is compatible with Txp 4.5.x ?

#6 2013-10-26 11:39:11

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

sacripant wrote:

This version is compatible with Txp 4.5.x ?

Not by simply replacing the source file. The most recent release that is drag-n-drop installable to Textpattern 4.5.x is the 2.4.1, which we are already using. Since 2.4.1 is the last maintenance patch to 2.4.x, we will not be seeing any Textile updates in 4.5.x lifetime, which is feature locked.

To use any newer releases with Textpattern 4.5.x, you would have to extend the Textile’s Parser class and set the configuration options, such as the relative image prefix. Textile 2.5.0/3.5.0 releases dropped all ugly Textpattern inheritance glue from the code base to make the library completely standalone and encourage adoption from outside Textpattern.

Now, Textpattern 4.6.0-dev ships with up-to-date Textile release and does exactly just that.

Last edited by Gocom (2013-10-26 11:44:21)

Board footer