Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2012-07-21 22:13:35

ExperienceIntermedia

Re: Server Compatibility Godaddy

So now it’s my turn.
I created a database, gave it a password and that seems fine
so I go to the TextPattern setup page…. enter all the info and click next.
I get this:

Checking database connection…

Can’t connect to database

I have done my research and know that the info I entered is correct.
I have also done every step I could find in this forum.
now what?

HELP! I wanna use this thing (i think)… at least I wanna see it work :p

I have not contacted godaddy cause they never tell me anything useful and it wastes my time.

I so hope someone can help!

#26 2012-07-21 22:41:44

maniqui
Website

Have you set the DB host correctly in your config.php?
It’s usually something like this:

$txpcfg['host'] = 'your_database_name.db.xxxxxxxxx.hostedresource.com';

I think you can find the corresponding value in the GoDaddy control panel. (I don’t use GoDaddy myself, but I’ve had to set up a TXP site there in the past).

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#27 2012-07-22 11:28:42

kevinpotts

The easiest thing to get tripped up by on a GoDaddy install is definitely the host server. It is not localhost. GD provides a lengthy path, similar to what Julián cited above, and it requires some digging inside your MySQL settings page. Alternatively, you can log into phpMyAdmin and see the server address there as well.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#28 2012-07-23 19:29:43

ExperienceIntermedia

Yup, did all that. If it wasn’t my clients info I would just post it for ya….. I’m actually not even sure anymore if TXP is what I wanna use…

I should ask first…. I have a site that I built for them from scratch years ago…. They wanna add and edit info on the site but are more than happy with the site itself…. Would I have to build a new site with Textpattern or can I just point it to the locations of images and files and what not and let them edit what is already there?

Seems like textpattern is like…..dupal… or……. wordpress or….one of them other blog creating thinggies which is totally NOT what I wanna do…. I just want them to be able to edit what is already there (as none of them know how to code and wont learn)

Thankee!!

#29 2012-07-24 19:23:55

uli

Well, if a CMS is not what you like to learn AND you built the site from HTML files, have a look at zimplit. I’ve played several minutes with it some years ago and it seemed like there’s not much to learn (which implies: there’s not much you can do with it ;) It can be used for free and still seemed to live at the end of last year.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#30 2012-07-25 18:10:07

ExperienceIntermedia

HEY it’s a wysiwyg editor!!! YAY!!!! sadly it kinda comes up with a login form but godaddy won’t allow it to write to the config file which it wants to so past the login screen, it wont do anything yet.

another avenue I can play with :) Thanks! Love it

#31 2013-09-20 06:28:52

chetanmodak

I was having a same problem with one of my site. Thanks to iaian7 for your htaccess file, its very useful with textpattern 4.4.1 version also. Once again thank you so much iaian7

Board footer