Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-08-24 13:08:01

thaicares

How do I get all my work I put into txp back?

Let me explain I started using txp through WAMP and it worked nicely… I loved txp and had great hopes for it being on my website! I am not familiar with using WAMP (or similar software either) and I was pleased with it. When I decided to put it on my server (still not ready but I was) I uploaded all the files… went into setup and changed the config file, like a fresh install of txp THAT IT WAS. I didn’t however expect all the work I had put into the content the pages and templates to be GONE. I am currently thinking it must be because it has a new database, but I’m not SURE it is the issue. If it is then how should I export and import the database from the computer to the server? If not what else is it?

TL;DR : I uploaded a textpattern instance and lost my work, is it the database or something else?

Last edited by thaicares (2013-08-24 13:08:14)

#2 2013-08-24 13:33:39

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: How do I get all my work I put into txp back?

Yes, it’s because you didn’t also move the database to the server.
See FAQ

#3 2013-08-24 13:38:34

maniqui
Website

Re: How do I get all my work I put into txp back?

Hi thaicares.

Don’t panic!

The work you have done locally (ie. in your computer, using a WAMP environment) is probably still there. Can you confirm that?

When you move your website to a new host (in this case, when you upload your local work to a web server), you will need to copy the database too.
You have some detailed instructions here:
www.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Moving_Installation_from_one_Host_to_Another
Particularly, look for the Exporting the Existing Database Tables and Creating New Database, Uploading Folder/File Tree, and Editing config.php File

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer