Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-03-11 07:47:02

sochicomputerRU
Website

Full VS Partial caching

So we have aks_cache partial caching plugin (installed) and asy_jpcache (considering).

Site is http://www.sochicomputer.ru/blog

Right now that thing is on virtual server and sometimes there are some 500 errors, maybe due to activity on my site, maybe due to other users. VPS is the solution of course. But right now we are talking about caching.

Look at my site, there are is a non standard paginator that shows all the available pages of the blog. It works fine with aks_cache for as long as I am not caching it. It is a dynamic element that is built every time a user visits. Right now you probably already know what I’m going to ask. If I install asy_jpcache full page caching will that non standard google style paginator work? Look through my blog tell me if it will work with full page caching.

Then second question is, do I disable/uninstall aks_cache if I’m going to use full page caching?

Will switching to full page caching help me out? I am experiencing 120+ unique hits daily, about 1.5 Gigs of data served every 24 hours.

#2 2013-03-22 15:18:07

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Full VS Partial caching

sochicomputerRU wrote:

I am experiencing 120+ unique hits daily, about 1.5 Gigs of data served every 24 hours.

I can’t help with your plugin question, unfortunately, but for 120 hits a day do you need caching? I ask because if you’re on shared hosting then it’s possible the occasional 500 errors may be due to someone else on the same container as you. Also, your ‘EN’ link to view the site in English is currently serving a 404 error.

#3 2013-03-22 15:27:34

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Full VS Partial caching

Also, a hit to your front page lists a lot of big PNG files for your site graphics, over 2mb for a single page. Try exporting your PNG files as JPG files at 80% and use them instead. I downloaded http://www.sochicomputer.ru/images/SEO.png and exported to 80% JPG: the JPG is 70kb, the PNG was 290kb. Fixing these will definitely reduce the data transferred and speed up load time.

Board footer