Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-02-24 13:05:46

corumeach

[SOLVED] config.php could not be found...

…at /customers/6/9/c/daedalis.de/httpd.www/textpattern/config.php…

Content of config.php is different from your entries. Please check….

I installed textpattern on my one.com server using FTP Commander. I uploaded all files, then started daedalis.de/textpattern/setup. I entered the Mysql access data as given to me by one.com – connection was established. Then the setup prompts me to create the config.php file by copy & paste the given snippet into the config.php and upload it into the subfolder /textpattern/. I did that an pressed “I did that” :) Then I get this weird message over and over again.

I checked the config.php (created it with PSPad), no other characters or whitespace to be found. What puzzles me is the weird looking txpath:

<?php
$txpcfg[‘db’] = ‘daedalis_de’;
$txpcfg[‘user’] = ‘daedalis_de’;
$txpcfg[‘pass’] = ‘*************’;
$txpcfg[‘host’] = ‘localhost’;
$txpcfg[‘table_prefix’] = ‘’;
$txpcfg[‘txpath’] = ‘/customers/6/9/c/daedalis.de/httpd.www/textpattern’;
$txpcfg[‘dbcharset’] = ‘utf8’;
?>

No idea what’s wrong. The index.php in textpattern and in the root folder are correct, I just checked their size and content…

Do I have to make changes to the .htaccess? There was a one.com .htaccess before in a subfolder, which I removed. Only textpattern files and folders currently exist in my root.

Any ideas? Seems setting up a CMS is not that simple as some sites want to make you believe, if you do it for the very first time and are not an experienced webmaster… the one.com sitebuilder tool is really bad, that’s why i want to give a simple cms a try…

{Added label to title. Uli}

Last edited by uli (2013-02-24 18:54:31)

#2 2013-02-24 13:17:15

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: [SOLVED] config.php could not be found...

Hi

I am not a pro about thhose questions and havent had such proplem during my instal but i feel also that the txpath look dumb!

To see your path you can use this php code (found on the internet):

<?php
$dir = dirname(__FILE__);
echo "<p>Full path to this dir: " . $dir . "</p>";
?>

create a php file with this code and upload it and point your browser to it you must see the path you have.

Hope this help!

#3 2013-02-24 14:28:42

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

corumeach wrote:

Then I get this weird message over and over again.

What exactly does the message say?

#4 2013-02-24 16:50:54

corumeach

Thanks for your replies. I just tried to create a new config.php by using windows notes and it worked! It seems that the PSPad editor, although it was made for programming, does some changes to the file while saving, that cause the error message…

so, finally the setup could be completed. strange, as I never encountered any issues caused by PSPad so far.

thy for your attention and effort. now i’ll go on to cahanging templates ;)
thread can be closed.

Board footer