Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-10-04 09:03:21

RedFox
Website

[SOLVED] Ghost code on several sites in several versions of Txp ... !?

Go to www.claraelders.nl/txpnew (Txp 4.5.1) and see for yourself. In the sourcecode at the bottom on all pages:

<div id="sbi_camera_button" class="sbi_search" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute; width: 29px; height: 27px; border: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; z-index: 2147483647; display: none; "></div>

Result of hacking? Via what? Txp? Plugin? And please, could you check some sites of your own if it occurs there too?

BTW … it’s happening on servers of different providers. Any help is appreciated.

[edit]
It seems to occur only in Chrome (Mac OS X) … so I’m now looking at some browser extensions. Wait a second (or two).

{Added “solved” to title – Uli}

Last edited by uli (2012-10-04 11:24:41)

#2 2012-10-04 09:50:13

RedFox
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Ghost code on several sites in several versions of Txp ... !?

:)

Solved … it’s indeed an extension > Search by Image that puts a <div> into the source code. In some occasions that <div> disrupted the lay-out … so it was a problem. Sorry if my post did scare you.

#3 2013-02-01 17:54:19

jimlee29

I appreciate you explaining where the “Ghost” div tag came from, did you however find a way to stop this from happening? I mean, sure I can remove it from my browser, but others using this popular (and likely to be far more popular extension) won’t know that’s what is causing the page to trip out… I was hoping you might have some insight on what to do to correct the problem. I only notice this very recently… and I’ve had the extension installed for quite a while now. Strange that it would suddenly pop up now..

#4 2013-02-01 19:43:14

RedFox
Website

The div injected by the extension spoiled the layout of this particular site probably because the existing HTML and CSS gave it a swing. I don’t know how precisely. After looking at other sites I’ve made, the same div popped up in the source code. Now I know why. But only in a few cases it showed its tentacles at the frontend … the webpage itself. So, may be, if the HTML, CSS is ‘stable’, the extra div (extension) doesn’t harm at all … :)
That’s all I know for now.

Last edited by RedFox (2013-02-01 19:45:12)

Board footer