Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2010-01-21 19:18:32

TJ
Website

Re: [feedback] How To Win Friends Who Love Desktop Blogging...

Spot wrote:

Using the latest from svn – no matter which API type I use with MarsEdit I get the response:

Can’t do get recent posts for spotthehall because the server reported an error. XML-RPC Response Parsing Failed: The XML parser could not parse the data.

When trying Scribefire, I get the following for Textpattern, Moveable Type and Metaweblog settings:

The server returned a malformed response. Please check that your blog and API URLs are correct.

I had a little more success with the “Official” XML-RPC, but only text, no images.

=============================

I suppose this is on the “back burner” ? I’ve tried to use “Scribefire” with 4.2 release and received the same error message.

I’ve searched the web and all over for directions or, perhaps, some identical problems, but no luck. Does this work? If so are there some doc’s I can read (step-by-step) ‘cuz I’ve looked everywhere.

Thanks in advance.

“…freely ye have received, freely give.” | www.PublishingAWebsite.com

#86 2010-01-21 19:29:52

andreas
Website

I’ve got some similar problems – reported here but no one ever even answered to my post. I also searched the web high and low for solutions, been in touch with the developer of MarsEdit and my webhost – in the end, Textpattern does not accept posting from MarsEdit but doesn’t send back any meaningful error messages that either of those people could make sense of.

Frankly, it seems that XML-RPC in Textpattern is THERE but if it doesn’t work out of the box for you, you’re out of luck.

#87 2010-01-23 12:08:31

TJ
Website

Thank Andreas. I appreciate the feedback.

“…freely ye have received, freely give.” | www.PublishingAWebsite.com

#88 2010-05-04 20:42:33

candyman

MarsEdit v3 is out with support for WordPress Pages and Custom Fields.

Any chance to get TXP excerpts&custom fields support too?

#89 2010-07-20 13:30:55

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

Was there ever any fix to making XML-RPC post to a section, at least “articles” by default if nothing else. I started a thread about posting from Posterous here. I figured out how to post from Posterous but the post does not assign a section to the article.

#90 2011-09-27 12:16:00

AdamK

Hello

I have just started using RPC in multisite (4.4.1) environment. It takes however some effort to start. This is what I did, please show me places to improve:

1) I had to link “rpc” dir into the “public” dir to have an access to http://domain/rpc url
2) in rpc/index.php I had to change path to config.php file, which is set to one-site install by design
3) (sever issue, I suppose) I had to add explicit date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Berlin'); in the TXP_RPCServer.php because of en error (you cannot rely on server timezone blah blah…)

That’s all, now it’s working

Yours
Adam

#91 2013-01-02 17:00:03

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

I followed AdamK’s hints and found this to be working:

First, copy the entire rpc folder into each of my sites folders like this (I edited the index.php content, so linking was not an option):

# cp -R /var/www/html/textpattern/rpc /var/www/html/textpattern/sites/site1/public/rpc

Then find this line in the index.php file inside the rpc folder:

require_once txpath.'/config.php';

I changed it into

require_once '/var/www/html/textpattern/sites/site1/private/config.php';

My folder structure is like this:

/var/www/html/textpattern/ —> This is the base directory
/var/www/html/textpattern/textpattern/ —> this is my textpattern directory
/var/www/html/textpattern/sites/site1 —> my first multisite folder

I then set MarsEdit to the following (only the interesting general settings):

Blog Name: My Multisite Site
Homepage URL: http://example.com
System Name: Other
System API: Movable Type API
API Endpoint URL: http://example.com/rpc
Blog ID: articles

Do not forget to activate rpc in the administration section of your site. Also remember to provide login credentials to MarsEdit (Enter Password…).

That worked for me :-)

Last edited by stephan (2013-01-02 19:08:17)

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#92 2013-01-03 07:55:56

JeremyCherfas

Having got MarsEdit to post to my single site, thanks to help here and in the G+ Community, I’m now wondering whether it might be possible to take advantage of either Draft or Hidden posts. That way, I could do the outlines of the post in MarsEdit, and then tidy it up finally in TXP. But I don’t know how to see draft or hidden posts under the Articles tab.

Is it possible?

Board footer