You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#2077 2012-11-06 23:02:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

arglborps wrote:

I am completely stuck at Admin > Preferences > Language

Does this topic help at all to uncover the mystery? Or this?

Being stuck on the Languages panel usually indicates an incomplete FTP transfer, which can happen if your FTP program is set to ‘overwrite only if file has changed’ and for some reason the timestamps get compared wrongly or there’s a timezone mismatch.

For completeness you could try this:

1. Logout of the admin side.
  2. Upload the Textpattern files again and force them to overwrite.
  3. Drop the MLP files (from the archive to which Els linked) in over the top.
  4. From phpMyAdmin, alter the ‘version’ value in txp_prefs to 4.4.1 (or whatever your previous version of Txp was before upgrading to 4.5.2).
  5. Log into the admin side.

and see if that gets you anywhere.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2078 2012-11-06 23:10:24

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Incidentally, is it time to rename MLP to avoid confusion with a certain horse-based product :-p

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#2079 2012-11-06 23:17:07

els

Bloke wrote:

Incidentally, is it time to rename MLP t

NO! MLP is our little pony! :)

#2080 2012-11-07 18:48:11

attadanta

Hello and thanks for keeping the plugin up-to-date with the latest Textpattern development!

I’ve ran into the following glitches upon installing the latest package (mlp-4.5.x-v01-20121010). These are really non-issues but would’ve turned me away if I hadn’t persisted.

Here’s a quick overview of the setup: Textpattern: 4.5.2 (r4197), PHP 5.3.8, MySQL 5.5.16, 2 installed languages with just the starting “Welcome to Your Site!” article in the database.

• The MLP installation wizard reports the set-up of the special per-language tables as unsuccessful, but the tables do get created.
  • Upon creating a new section the user may specify the section title only for the default language. The titles for the rest may be specified upon editing the new section.

Hope this helps.
A.

#2081 2012-11-07 20:07:36

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

attadanta wrote:

upon installing the latest package (mlp-4.5.x-v01-20121010).

You might do better with the more recent mlp-4.5.x-v02-20121018 :-) Certainly the second item you mentioned has been fixed in that version.

I believe the mix up was my fault because I forgot to update the opening post and it was pointing to the older revision. Really sorry about that. Thank you for sticking with it and letting me discover the error of my ways. I’ll try and remember to update the OP in future.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-11-07 20:08:36)

#2082 2012-11-08 10:10:19

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Some of these humongous forum threads, can we find a way to archive and start afresh? Both this topic and glz_custom_fields – users have to trawl through hundreds of posts to get to relevant information. I realise I’ve just made the forum thread even longer, so don’t reply to this here.

#2083 2012-11-08 15:17:26

roughnecks

Good evening and sorry but i haven’t understood if this thread is closed or should be..

I found a problem in the “pop-up textile help” (for IT language) but cannot find the relative missing strings in renditions. Maybe i should have mentioned that these images are about comments form in articles and that i think the relevant part is:

<div id="comments-help"><txp:comments_help /></div>

Here are two shots:

This one is english and it’s correct:

While the Italian one is missing strings:

Can You help? Thanks

Edit:
Is there a way to find out which missing Italian strings belong to the public-side of my site and which to the admin-side? Or am i supposed to translate everything?

Last edited by roughnecks (2012-11-08 19:08:10)

#2084 2012-11-08 20:13:14

els

You can’t change the popup help texts, these are on the rpc server. You can post missing strings in the Internationalisation forum, and the Italian translator can update the strings.

Having a way to distinguish the public and admin side strings in MLP is not possible, though it would indeed be a very useful feature. For sites that I maintain myself, I usually only translate the strings for the public side.

There is a way (outside of MLP) though: if you have access to the database you can look in the txp_lang table, it has a column ‘event’, which can have a value public or a number of other values. Basicly everything besides public is admin side.

There is also a rather old thread: MLP Users’ String Exchange where users can post their exported string sets. Unfortunately Italian wasn’t posted there. You could try and ask in the Italian forum if someone has a ready made set for you.

(edit: typo)

Last edited by els (2012-11-08 21:44:45)

#2085 2012-11-08 20:30:12

roughnecks

Els wrote:

You can’t change the popup help texts, these are on the rpc server. You can post missing strings in the Internationalisation forum, and the Italian translator can update the strings.

Hi Els, looking to the provided link this link i cannot find the strings i am missing (i was going to check after the it-it.txt translation and see if something was missing), so i wouldn’t know how to apply the changes.

Having a way to distinguish the public and admin side strings in MLP is not possible, though it would indeed be a very useful feature. For sites that I maintain myself, I usually only translate the strings for the public side.
There is a way (outside of MLP) though: if you have access to the database you can look in the txp_lang table, it has a column ‘event’, which can have a value public or a number of other values. Basicly everthing besides public is admin side.

Ok, thanks, maybe i’ll check that out. Glad to know about it.

Last edited by roughnecks (2012-11-08 20:32:03)

#2086 2012-11-08 21:58:44

els

Were you looking for the popup help in the language file? In that case sorry I wasn’t clear. You can find the popups using URLs like this: http://rpc.textpattern.com/help/?item=italic&language=it-it.
But you’d probably better post in the Internationalisation forum, it’s not really MLP related and I don’t know very well how it works. I also don’t know who the Italian translator is, and if s/he is still active. If not, your help might be appreciated.

#2087 2012-11-09 07:35:48

roughnecks

Els wrote:

Were you looking for the popup help in the language file? In that case sorry I wasn’t clear. You can find the popups using URLs like this: http://rpc.textpattern.com/help/?item=italic&language=it-it.
But you’d probably better post in the Internationalisation forum, it’s not really MLP related and I don’t know very well how it works. I also don’t know who the Italian translator is, and if s/he is still active. If not, your help might be appreciated.

You’re right and i’m gonna post there; FYI i was referring to this one URL in particular http://rpc.textpattern.com/help/?item=textile_comments&language=it-it

#2088 2012-11-13 12:32:05

roughnecks

Hello,
it seems strange that i am always the one to have problems, but.. here we go:

I have an article which i commented in the Italian side, turned the comment to visible and all is fine.. just after that i also commented in the English side (which is not the default language), made the comment visible again but this time it doesn’t show up. I received no errors and i don’t really know what to do about it.

The article in question is at http://laltromondo.dynalias.net/en/articles/wif-2012 If you switch to Italian you’ll see the comment.

Thanks

Edit
On the database table “txp_discuss“both comments are visible and stored correctly but the article under “l10n_txp_en_gb” shows a value of 0 (zero) for “comments_count”.

Last edited by roughnecks (2012-11-13 13:23:11)

Board footer