Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-11-06 09:50:08

tom1

Getting started with modifying plugins

This will be stupid question as soon as i get hang of this, but i’ve been struggling for some time to get into txp plugins’ anatomy.

Basicly i’ve been trying to get into workflow of yab_shop. What I’d like to do is craft my own checkout form. I’ve creatd a hook to call my own function with register_callback() at yab_shop_build_checkout_form(), but thats as far as i can get.

As said, im quite clueless of the work flow, and all i’ve gotten from Google is ‘page not found’ or otherwise outdated pages.

edit:
after having a lunch and two cups of coffee, im realizing what i’ve been trying to do. Why would i ‘extend’ plugins functionality if i can modify it to fit my needs. I’ll just leave this here to remind me of think things thru first ^^

Last edited by tom1 (2012-11-06 11:12:20)

#2 2012-11-06 11:15:59

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: Getting started with modifying plugins

Hi

First advise: install ied_plugin_composer that makes changes more easyer.
For the checkout form (i also have to change it) change the yab_shop code directly without adding a new register_callback() that easyer (for someone that s not skilled enough like me)
Maybe someday Stef can make the form customable like a simple zem_contact form!

Cheers

#3 2012-11-06 11:49:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Dragondz wrote:

Maybe someday Stef can make the form customable like a simple zem_contact form!

I already have :-) But it’s not in the officially released version yet because I need to merge in trenc’s latest changes and sort out the language strings. Trenc and I were talking about doing a github version and collaborating on it, so I might just throw it up there and see what happens.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2012-11-06 12:36:59

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Yes do stef, maybe we could help there!
The version i use is modifyed to not make payment! only the cart is used and informations are sent by mail.

Cheers

Last edited by Dragondz (2012-11-06 12:38:26)

Board footer