Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2010-10-19 07:50:33

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: rah_post_versions: Revision control for articles, forms and pages

Version 0.8 has been released. The update is pretty minor, just minor changes and tweaks:

• Added tooltips to the pagination’s jump links (Go to the first page and Go to the last page).
  • Removed username from showing up in the mails.
  • Unified conditional statements; now all use || and && operators instead of synonym mashmixmess.

More info and downloads

#62 2011-06-18 07:12:22

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Version 0.9 is out. Mainly focuses on compatibility with the new and shiny Textpattern v4.4.1. Changes:

• Fixed: Doesn’t spit out extra content to the top of the page if JavaScript is disabled.
  • Fixed: Error in condition that chose if JavaScript should be added to the page or not.
  • Added: Now informs the user if removing items from the database failed.
  • Added: Uninstaller that is ran when plugin is deleted. Drops plugin specific tables.
  • Added: rah_ui class selectors to common elements for easier theming.
  • Changed: New database tables get UTF-8 as their charset by default instead of using server default.
  • Changed: Make sure selection isn’t empty.
  • Changed: Improved JavaScript based multi-edit script.
  • Now compatible with Textpattern 4.4.1 and newer; supports CSRF protection added in 4.4.1, from now on doesn’t store tokens and uses tokens when reverting to older version.

More info and downloads

Last edited by Gocom (2011-06-18 07:13:23)

#63 2012-09-13 21:52:54

asmodi

Unfortunately, I do not think this plugin is compatible with Textpattern 4.5… it works for stylesheet edits, but not article edits. Any chance it will be updated soon?

#64 2012-09-13 22:52:20

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

asmodi, yes, the current stable release is not. But the current working development version is, and has been kept up to date with all Textpattern changes and developments.

Can’t comment when the development version gets it’s official stable release. We’ve been busy updating and releasing number of other updates, both new products and updates to existing ones. Rah_post_version’s update may come out tomorrow or in few months from now. Depends on the state in which we are satisfied to. The code base is currently stable, so you could use it by compiling it with the MassPlugComplier.

The development version does require Textpattern 4.5 and removes certain features that were previously in the plugin due to changes in Textpattern. For instance it can no longer revert changes, and due to changes coming in the future to Textpattern, unfortunately it’s not coming back as a whole admin-wide core component to the plugin. There will be an application interface for implementing plugins that do reverting, but we really must not depend on POST data push-backs since the same packet won’t be valid twice.

The development version also packs in a new native like interface that fits well with the built-in look of Textpattern 4.5. Viewing changes now defaults to displaying differences, and comparing differences as whole is easier too.

I will make sure to announce when an update is available, here, on Twitter and most likely on our blog too.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-09-13 22:54:07)

#65 2012-09-13 23:22:58

asmodi

Gocom, thanks for your fast reply. I’ll wait around for an update since I don’t have to roll this site out until November. This is good to know.

#66 2013-03-25 16:05:14

woof

Hi. I’m wondering is this plugin compatible with 4.5.4? I have just installed it and it doesn’t seem to be picking up on edits to pages created before the plugin was installed, also I notice the “Send versions to author’s email” value keeps defaulting to “No”.

#67 2013-03-27 07:13:12

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

woof wrote:

Hi. I’m wondering is this plugin compatible with 4.5.4? I have just installed it and it doesn’t seem to be picking up on edits to pages created before the plugin was installed, also I notice the “Send versions to author’s email” value keeps defaulting to “No”.

See the post right above yours. In short, the current stable is not, the development version is.

#68 2013-03-27 07:46:15

mrdale
Website

I’m just looking for a way to suck in and push out forms and pages to/from a directory… does this fit the bill?

#69 2013-03-27 13:31:54

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

mrdale wrote:

I’m just looking for a way to suck in and push out forms and pages to/from a directory… does this fit the bill?

Rah_post_versions can’t help with that. It stores revisions of edits done through the admin-side interface, that’s it. I do have rah_flat, but it neither really does importing or exporting. Instead, it tests the current experimental features included in 4.6-dev.

Last edited by Gocom (2013-03-27 13:34:21)

#70 2013-03-27 14:32:39

towndock
Website

Somehow I’ve missed knowing this plugin existed. Now Installed.

Jukka, this will probably eliminate an argument a month on a key site where multiple authors sometimes collide working on the same content.

#71 2013-04-10 18:48:36

EdwardS

Hi,

I am using your plugin (Rah_post_versions v0.9) as a version control system for a quality management system i am building. I am using Textpattern CMS (v4.5.2). The plugin records changes to everything but article edits. Could you point me in the right direction on how to fix this or if you are working on a new release when would it be coming out?

Thanks,

Edward

#72 2013-04-10 19:01:14

uli

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer