You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#229 2012-04-19 20:34:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

milosevic wrote:

<txp:smd_if_tag parent=“foo”>

D’oh! I set a value to 0 when I should have set it to NULL. A 2-line fix in the smd_if_tag code, thanks. Re-download the beta please.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-04-19 20:34:49)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#230 2012-04-20 10:41:18

milosevic

Now it works! I’ll keep you informed if found any other bug.

thanks again.

<txp:rocks/>

#231 2012-05-05 21:39:58

jsrgls

Hello,

I’m trying out this plugin right now. I created a few tags to experiment with and got a handle on the basic functioning, and so far I’m impressed with what it can do. I have a few questions though:

1. How can I import the core categories I already have? The categories themselves aren’t that numerous and I could recreate them, but manually reassigning them to over 2000 articles would be time-consuming. I noticed that rss_unlimited_categories suggests some SQL statements to import them to that plugin, so I suppose I could import them first to there and then to smd_tags through the built-in import screen, but am I missing a more direct way? I also don’t know the first thing about SQL and am hesitant to start poking around in it.

2. I have another set of “tags” I’ve been storing in a custom field that I’d like to bring in. I’ve been using sed_packed_custom_fields until now, and I have multiple values in that one field, separated by commas. Again, this data would take a long time to move manually. Is there a way to import it?

3. Is there a way to have smd_tag_count also include items that are tagged with children of the tag in question? For example, if there are 2 articles in “colors”, and its children “blue” and “red” also have 2 each, how can I have the count for “colors” show 6?

4. Any chance pagination will be coming soon? It was mentioned in the documentation as a “to do (possibly).” Some of my tags would have hundreds of associated articles, which is a lot to list on one page.

Last edited by jsrgls (2012-05-06 00:39:08)

#232 2012-05-06 18:37:51

milosevic

jsrgls dijo:

How can I import the core categories I already have?

Try dzd_multicat_creator

About the pagination, until smd_tags supports it, you can built a pagination system following this tutorial adapting it to your site needs.

In my case, I get the article ids with smd_tag_list, storing the IDs delimiteds by commas in a variable and pass the variable it to an article_custom tag like a param (article_custom id=‘txp:my-variable-with-smd_tags_query_result’ … ), then I use the pagination tutorial mentioned. Is not an smart method but… it works!

This way has the problem of the double query: one for smd_tags and later an article_custom query, but I didn’t find another way for paginate with smd_tags.

You can see it in action here. (still under construction, but it works)

I’m building this site enterily with smd_tags, no use of textpattern native cats or other cats plugins, so it can be a good example of what can you do with smd_tags.

Last edited by milosevic (2012-05-06 19:27:27)

#233 2012-05-07 13:43:51

jsrgls

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your reply! I’m happy to say I managed to get a pagination system going with that tutorial. One problem solved!

As for dzd_multicat_creator, I could use it to create more core categories, but I would still need a way to import them to smd_tags, along with all the association info (i.e., which articles use which category/tag).

#234 2012-05-07 14:25:18

milosevic

Try to install first rss_unlimited_categories. Once your standar categories are managed with rss_unlimited_categories, smd_tags can import the tags from rss_unlimited_categories to its own tables. Ah, don’t forget to make a backup first of all!

#235 2012-06-02 13:19:55

jsrgls

Thanks Jorge, I may try this.

#236 2012-09-09 09:45:34

jpdupont

I build a test TXP 4.5 site. Upgraded to the last 4096 revision.
I install the last 0.5 smd_tags. Problem : tables are not created.
If set the type of plugin to 5 (admin+Ajax …) then recreate prefs + tables, all seems to be OK. No more error message.

I go to “manage tags” and create an article tag : “pomme”.
All is ok : the record is inserted in the table (I see it in phpmyadmin) but no tag is listed : “No article tags defined” message .
(If I try to recreate “pomme”, I get a “Article tag “pomme” already exists “ message.)

In the Edit Article Tab : no tag listed.

#237 2012-09-09 09:52:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

This plugin is not 4.5 ready yet. I have it limping along on a test installation but have some unresolved issues with it and the AJAX system that I need to iron out before I can let it out the door. Other plugins are gradually coming online. Check the betas — they’ll be officially released when ready.

smd_prognostics is done, ied_plugin_composer is working and nearly officially releasable, smd_admin_themes (0.40) will be available in the next day or so, smd_bio won’t be far behind, then this one and the others will be next, with admin-side plugins taking priority.

Please bear with me while I get my digital life in order.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-09-09 09:53:48)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#238 2012-09-09 10:04:48

jpdupont

Thanks, Stef !

#239 2013-03-28 10:12:29

kees-b
Website

Bloke wrote:

This plugin is not 4.5 ready yet.

Hi Stef,

This week I upgraded a site to txp 4.5.4 and I noticed that added tags aren’t written to the database anymore. I am using smd_tags 0.4 not the beta. Should I try the beta? I had to use the ‘text list’ display option, because the select list was not scrollable anymore and completely collapsed. This could be overcome by adding some css to the backend css. Also added tags in earlier articles aren’t displayed in the backend. The page under the smd-tags tab looks a bit oddly stled too. Apart from these problems the plugin is working fine I think.

kees

Last edited by kees-b (2013-03-28 10:14:54)

#240 2013-04-04 12:24:27

kees-b
Website

I have this plugin now partly working after a site upgrade to txp 4.5.4. Display of chosen tags in the backend is visible again by chosing ‘select list’ with a row height of 5. New tags in new articles seem to show up and are working – but changing and adding tags to older articles is flaky. Changes are not showing up. Older tags that were there before the upgrade behave as they should. I asked my client to track down all occasions of these errors.

Would installing the beta version help? Are you planning to release a 4.5 ready version in the near future?

thanks,

Kees

Board footer