Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-08-31 02:29:49

echols85

Can't get to admin side after upgrade

Our site developed a problem today after presumably something was upgraded on GoDaddy’s server side. Much of the formatting has been lost and we are seeing multiple deprecated errors on various pages.

I just tried upgrading from TP 4.0.8 to 4.5.0, and upon upgrading, I was unable to get to the admin side login. Instead, it returns the error ‘Internal Error, get off my lawn’. I was able to navigate to the site’s home page, which rendered (albeit poorly) however the rest of the site did seem to be broken. I restored the original files back to the FTP and all worked again (with the aforementioned formatting errors). In GoDaddy’s hosting settings, we are set to use PHP 5.3.

Any ideas what might be causing these errors? Both on the original 4.0.8 or the problems getting to the login screen for 4.5.0?

#2 2012-08-31 09:30:42

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Can't get to admin side after upgrade

#3 2012-08-31 13:22:29

bluepurl
Website

Something similar happened to me this week on my personal portfolio site, running on Godaddy.

I had the “Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime()” errors on the public side, and the admin side was wonky, too.

I don’t remember the exact error message on the admin side because at that point I googled and read a little bit, and tried to upgrade to 4.5. Then the site really fell apart.

The CSS and images disappeared from the public side. And these messages:

‘general_error Textpattern Error: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ on line 95. Tag error: <txp:cbs_navigation_menu sections=“Home,About,Contact” titles=“Home,About,Contact” ids=“homenav,aboutnav,contactnav” /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist while parsing form “None” on page “Home”

When I tried to login, I got an “internal_error.get_off_my_lawn: , “ message.

So I took down the site. But I had a backup of everything so I’ve installed it on a local Mamp setup. Same errors. All I can say is, I’m so glad this isn’t a client site because then I would be actually panicked, instead of just fairly anxious.

In any event, I’m super curious about what the trouble might be. I do maintain Textpattern installations for clients, so it would be good to know if there’s an effective fix.

I’m not sure this is relevant information, but just in case it helps: I run a number of Wordpress sites on Godaddy, and I’ve found out that when you upgrade a Wordpress installation on Godaddy, you have to use Godaddy’s upgrade utility rather than trying to upgrade through your site. If you upgrade through your site, you’re not able to log in to the admin area.

So it seems to me that Godaddy might have something going on that different from other hosts.

#4 2012-08-31 13:37:57

echols85

Blue, what you describe is exactly what happened to us – identical error messages. I haven’t had a chance yet to try the solutions that ruud suggested, but will let you know how it goes later today.

#5 2012-08-31 21:02:20

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

See the workaround posted here

#6 2012-09-01 02:39:42

echols85

ruud wrote:

See the workaround posted here

Beautiful, that worked!

#7 2012-09-02 14:02:25

bluepurl
Website

My Mamp setup restored beautifully after implementing Ruud’s workaround. Many thanks!

I’ll be able to get it on my live site, I’m sure. :).

Board footer