Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-08-17 18:40:58

cnewkirk
Plugin Author

Admin Sidebar Links Broken after upgrade.

Hi.

I upgrade an old Textpattern site from 4.0.6 to 4.4.1 today. Everything seemed to ge well, the site works, the admin diagnostics shows no errors.

However, I can’t seem to get the sidebar links on any admin page to work. The Advanced Options, Recent Articles, Custom Fields, as well as the Tag Builder stuff on the Forms and Pages tabs.

I hover over the links, and the triangle toggles, but nothing happens.

I had a plugin that automatically expanded the Advanced Options, however I removed it hoping it would help. It did not. When the plugin was installed, it would at least show the Advanced Options, but I couldn’t toggle anything else.

I’m at a bit of a loss here.. any ideas?

Thanks!

#2 2012-08-17 20:27:16

cnewkirk
Plugin Author

Re: Admin Sidebar Links Broken after upgrade.

Well… I don’t know what I did, but it seemed to fix itself.. I updated the language, but I can’t see how that would cause any changes.

Regardless, everything seems to be working now.

#3 2012-08-17 21:08:46

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Changes are that the JavaScript was cached on your end. Cache expired, things started working.

cnewkirk wrote:

I upgrade an old Textpattern site from 4.0.6 to 4.4.1 today

That is very good thing you did. v4.0.6 isn’t exactly safe to use, not safe at all.

I had a plugin that automatically expanded the Advanced Options, however I removed it hoping it would help. It did not. When the plugin was installed, it would at least show the Advanced Options, but I couldn’t toggle anything else.

That plugin is no longer necessary. For few years Textpattern has stored the status of the sliding panels permanently on the server, attached to your site’s user profile. This means that once you open or close one of the sliding panels, it stays open forever.

#4 2012-08-17 22:06:18

cnewkirk
Plugin Author

Yeah, I thought that was it, but I cleared my cache and it still wasn’t working.. Maybe there’s a separate cache for javascript than the standard cache in Chrome?

Gocom wrote:

v4.0.6 isn’t exactly safe to use, not safe at all.

Good to know, thanks!!

#5 2012-08-18 00:07:44

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

cnewkirk wrote:

Yeah, I thought that was it, but I cleared my cache and it still wasn’t working.. Maybe there’s a separate cache for javascript than the standard cache in Chrome?

The visible option for clearing cache in Chrome should clear bytecode cache too. Whether it does remove the specific items you want, depends on the settings the dialog presents. By default Chrome only deletes recently added items from the cache, i.e. items cached in the past hour.

Board footer