Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1041 2012-07-30 18:16:19

hakjoon
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

Not sure if that’s doable. I think that get’s handled by some low level browser code that inserts that stuff.

What are you trying to accomplish, maybe there’s a different approach that would work.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#1042 2012-08-05 12:25:43

kevinpotts
Website

@Patrick — Using version 1.0.2.1 of hak_tinymce on a fresh 4.5.0 beta install and seeing really significant performance problems. Wondering: have you tested this? Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE: Actually, I take that back. It’s not a time issue, but that I have to click “Save” twice for changes to register.

Last edited by kevinpotts (2012-08-05 12:27:36)

#1043 2012-08-09 11:24:32

hakjoon
Website

@kevinpotts I haven’t been able to replicate this. What browser are you seeing this having to save twice behavior? The new Ajax stuff could very likely be mucking with things.

#1044 2012-08-15 08:55:42

elpats

hakjoon wrote:

I’ll see if I can figure out what’s going on with the language packs.

I downloaded and installed the French (fr) language pack into the relevant folders and encountered the same problem as previously posted. Once I changed ‘en’ to ‘fr’ (in the hak_tinymce Preferences) the TinyMCE block disappeared from the article (body & excerpt). What I noticed, via the web inspector, was that textpattern > tiny_mce > plugins > txpimage > langs > en.js had failed to load and of course there wasn’t a fr.js in there because it wasn’t included in the language pack. Once I created fr.js and fr_dlg.js then it displayed and worked fine.

#1045 2012-08-15 17:19:48

hakjoon
Website

I need to see what TinyMCE is doing there and see if there is a way to specify a fallback language pack. Seems odd that this would prevent the whole thing from loading.

Language Packs are welcome though github

#1046 2012-08-29 01:02:54

virigoth

Hi,

I’ve recently upgraded to Textpattern 4.4.1 from an earlier version (4.0.8) and now the insert image/edit image tool in the editor (1.0.2.1) doesn’t seem to work properly. It opens normally but the images for the Insert Fullsized Image and Insert Thumbnail don’t appear, and when clicked the Image Url field and Image Description is not filled out.

(Screenshot of the problem)

Also it looks like the address for the images you click on (for the thumbnail or fullsized image) point to /textpattern/tiny_mce/plugins/txpimage/img/picture.png but on the server I only have /textpattern/tiny_mce/plugins/txpimage/image/picture.png

Also if I copy and paste an address of an image into the Image Url field it is inserted normally.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by virigoth (2012-08-29 01:17:17)

#1047 2012-08-29 02:24:41

kevinpotts
Website

hakjoon wrote:

@kevinpotts I haven’t been able to replicate this. What browser are you seeing this having to save twice behavior? The new Ajax stuff could very likely be mucking with things.

Sorry I missed this when you initially posted it. My primary browser is Chrome (on PC), but the issue is also in Firefox.

#1048 2012-08-31 00:07:52

fastasleep

I’m upgrading a client’s site and have found that this plugin is causing wet_parachute to trigger (gives the “are you sure you want to leave the page” warning) every time you leave the Write tab, regardless if you have written or edited anything. Does anyone know how to fix this? I assume TinyMCE or the plugin is “modifying” the page in a way that wet_parachute thinks the article has been edited maybe? Any alternatives?

thanks!

#1049 2012-08-31 18:17:20

hakjoon
Website

@virigoth: Check that you don’t have an older install of tiny_mce hanging around. It should point to /txpimage/img/picture.png

@kevinpotts: I’ll have to investigate more and see if I can replicate it. I tried FF and chrome but on a mac

@fastasleep: It’s possible that the initialization that tinyMCE does is triggering whatever wet_parachute is looking for. I’ll have to look into what it is doing in order to diagnose. I’m not really familiar with it.

#1050 2012-08-31 19:38:01

virigoth

hakjoon,

It was partly a bad copy onto the server of the hak_tinyMCE directory tree, I deleted and recopied the files to the server but then when I opened the Insert Image it was unable to load image.php which no longer existed. Someone else had this problem previously on the forum here and clearing the cache solves the problem with Insert Image trying to use the old image.php file.

Thanks for the help.

Board footer