Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-08-12 03:07:35

Maurice
Website

Strict Standards error messages in admin side using XAMPP

Hi,

Looking for some help in regards to a list of error messages showing in the admin theme of Textpattern v4.4.1 (r3575). I’m running this site on XAMPP v3.0.12 and PHP version: 5.4.4.

Strict Standards: Non-static method theme::init() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\kosmodesign.dev\textpattern\index.php on line 92

Strict Standards: Non-static method theme::factory() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\kosmodesign.dev\textpattern\lib\txplib_theme.php on line 95

Strict Standards: Non-static method theme::path() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\kosmodesign.dev\textpattern\lib\txplib_theme.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Declaration of classic_theme::announce() should be compatible with theme::announce($thing = Array) in C:\xampp\htdocs\kosmodesign.dev\textpattern\theme\classic\classic.php on line 124

Strict Standards: Non-static method theme::init() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\kosmodesign.dev\textpattern\index.php on line 130

Everything looks to be working fine, it’s just looking messy while I’m trying to update. I suspect it’s to do with XAMPP possibly the version of PHP as the site is running on my server without these error messages, that version of PHP is 5.3.13.

What’s the easiest and best way to fix this? Maurice

<txp:carver category="stone" type="hard"> These bits are harder than Basalt </txp:carver>

#2 2012-08-20 02:25:28

Maurice
Website

Re: Strict Standards error messages in admin side using XAMPP

I decided to install an earlier installation of XAMPP v1.7.3 running PHP 5.1.3. I’m no longer receiving the error messages in the admin theme of Textpattern v4.4.1 (r3575).

<txp:carver category="stone" type="hard"> These bits are harder than Basalt </txp:carver>

#3 2012-08-20 04:50:56

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

These have been fixed some time ago in the current development version. Textpattern 4.5 will deploy correct PHP5 only keywords and as such should validate against E_STRICT.

You can always try to give the nightlies a spin, or check out the svn. Please note that the next release (and the nightlies) will require PHP 5.2+.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-08-20 04:53:52)

#4 2012-08-20 09:11:04

Maurice
Website

Thanks for your reply, good to know for future reference!

Board footer