Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-08-08 10:14:58

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

Set hash in the default section

Hi,
Is it possible to output links with an hash in the default section please?

<a href="<txp:site_url />#example">Example</a>

For some reason I end up with only the site url.
If it’s not possible then I will like to know please how can I set a redirect from the default section to another one name “home” ?
(in .htaccess)

Last edited by THE BLUE DRAGON (2012-08-08 12:21:46)

#2 2012-08-08 11:22:00

uli

Re: Set hash in the default section

Apart from your example being invisible/empty, it should actually work. Do you have a second, visible, link wich really gives out the site_url, and you mistook the two as the first one is invisible?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2012-08-08 12:25:34

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

uli wrote:

Apart from your example being invisible/empty, it should actually work. Do you have a second, visible, link wich really gives out the site_url, and you mistook the two as the first one is invisible?

Forgot to add a text to the link in the example above, fixed that, but the problem still remains.
Try copy paste it to your default section, take a look at the source code and you will see that the hash is gone from the link source attribute.

#4 2012-08-08 12:44:41

uli

I’m getting http://localhost/txp441/#example, like I expected to see.

Just to make sure this is not a verbal misunderstanding: you’d get http://localhost/txp441/?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2012-08-08 13:53:20

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

uli wrote:

I’m getting http://localhost/txp441/#example, like I expected to see.

Just to make sure this is not a verbal misunderstanding: you’d get http://localhost/txp441/?

Yep, and I just found that it’s because I’m using “gbp_permanent_links” plugin, thanks for checking :)

Last edited by THE BLUE DRAGON (2012-08-08 13:53:38)

#6 2012-08-08 13:58:52

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

Is there a way that I can get a permanent links rule of only “section/id” and not “section/id/title” without using a plugin please?

That’s why I’m currently using “gbp_permanent_links” plugin.

#7 2012-08-08 22:53:46

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

THE BLUE DRAGON wrote:

Is there a way that I can get a permanent links rule of only “section/id” and not “section/id/title” without using a plugin please?

Currently as of Textpattern v4.4.1 and v4.5, the title part of the section/id/title scheme is completely optional. This has a high change of changing in the future releases, but for now the unexpected behavior allows linking to articles using section/id format.

In the page templates instead of using permlink tag to generate the article URLs, you could use tags such as article_id, section and site_url to crate title-less URLs. For instance:

<txp:site_url /><txp:section/>/<txp:article_id />

Textpattern also offers an PHP code path, a custom URL functionality, that allows changing the URLs the permlink tag generates. This could also be used to change the tags behavior which then would allow still using the tag and would even change the URLs present in RSS feeds and such.

As this behavior has the possibility of getting fixed, alternatively you could use section/title scheme and set the URL title as the article’s ID. The URL title could be set manually, but it could also be done automatically when an article is saved.

Textpattern v4.5 (and the beta) offers a callback event named article_posted meant specifically for these type of tasks. This event is fired each time an article is published, which makes it ideal spot for updating the URL title. For instance:

/**
 * Hook function "abc_id_urltitle" to the callback event "article_posted"
 */

register_callback('abc_id_urltitle', 'article_posted');

/**
 * Updates the URL title when article has been posted
 * @param string $event Callback event
 * @param string $step Callback step
 * @param array $r Article's data as an array
 */

function abc_id_urltitle($event, $step, $r) {
		safe_update(