Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-08-04 08:18:01

Snowman_

In need of help to fix our website

Whenever anyone looks at the website it brings up the template but without any content it just has the wording: Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/atcorguk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 14

I’ve attempted to login via the admin side and that just brings up a whole page of error. the site is: http://www.149atc.org.uk/

If anyone can help us out we’d most appreciate it as it’s used quite a bit by our staff and cadets.

Thanks

#2 2012-08-04 08:21:36

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: In need of help to fix our website

hi and welcome to txp

You will need to update textpattern to the latest version. Check out this post and all the links within it.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2012-08-04 09:18:49

Snowman_

ok I think I’m either thick or just nervous about breaking the site completely. I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing and would appreciate any help anyone can offer in a step by step guide. Or a link to one please.

#4 2012-08-04 11:15:04

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Try:

• check your DB using a phpmyadmin or similar tool (contact your hosting provider for this kind of tool: usually you receive url and login/pw access in your hosting confirmation email). Some error messages on your site could mean that there is a problem with db, non txp. If needed, repair db. If needed use a backup copy of your db (you should have done one, or your hosting could have provided such a service).
  • In any case, as Colak suggested, update txp. Change the name to your actual textpattern folder before uploading the new one. Using an ftp program, install the latest version (4.4.1) and put the old config.php file in it (copy from old textpatter folder you’ve just renamed to your new textpattern folder)
  • then try login again.

In the process you should discover what went wrong, then post here again if needed.

#5 2012-08-04 14:24:54

joebaich
Website

Similar posts to yours have been cropping up recently. The problem likely arises because your host has updated their version of PHP within the past few days and it’s not compatible with an outdated version of Textpattern that you have running your Squadron’s site. Colak’s and Zanza’s advice is sound. Updating your version of Textpattern to the latest stable version should fix the problem. As Zanza suggests, before you upload the 4.4.1 files over your existing Textpattern files on your site, rename the textpattern directory to something like textpattern_original so it isn’t overwritten by the 4.4.1 textpattern directory. You will want to copy the file config.php from textpattern_original to textpattern once all is in place. config.php contains the information that facilitates your database connection. Once you have everything working you can tidy up by deleting the textpattern_original folder.

Note the sensible suggestion about backing up the database before you do anything.

Last edited by joebaich (2012-08-04 14:25:43)

#6 2012-08-04 16:04:01

Snowman_

Thanks very much guys for the advice. As I didn’t set up the website I’m finding out the information to gain access from the host etc, and I’ll get back to you with the results.

Board footer