Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-07-26 16:16:16

coryldork

Problem with displaying list of articles in a category

I may just be totally missing something here, but when I select a specific category on my website (the url ends in /category/category-name), it doesn’t show the articles in the category.
I have tried using listforms and if statements, and nothing is working.

Slightly related question: Do the article list pages use the “default” page automatically? If so, how do I change this?

Last edited by coryldork (2012-07-26 16:18:06)

#2 2012-07-27 10:51:39

uli

Re: Problem with displaying list of articles in a category

• Do you have an article tag on the page that’s called?
  • Does the article tag restrict the selection of data in a way that might leave out the articles you expect to see?
  • What about the article form: Do your articles have data that can be displayed by it (think of empty fields)?
  • Does the category exist/have you mistyped its name?
  • Do you have articles in the category you call?
  • Are these articles set to live?
  • What about their expiry date and the “Publish expired articles” preference?

Last edited by uli (2012-07-27 11:07:31)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2012-07-27 17:02:36

coryldork

Re: Problem with displaying list of articles in a category

There is an article tag, the article form allows for the articles’ data to be displayed, the categories exist, non of them are spelled incorrectly, they are all set to live, and there are no expiry dates on my articles.
However, I don’t know what you meant by “restrict the selection of data”, but I have adjusted the organisation.

My problem was mainly that the default page I was using wasn’t the one I should have been using for the categories and the section.

..And now I have another problem of not being able to display the articles as a list for the categories.

Problem solved!
(didn’t have the proper forms for my pages.)

Last edited by coryldork (2012-07-27 17:31:32)

Board footer