Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1201 2012-07-14 13:56:35

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

masa wrote:

Have any of you ever had problems with people missing the warning about missing required fields thinking they’ve submitted successfully?

I was wondering whether it’s possible to pop in a large mesage at the top of the result page without hacking the plugin?

You can style the “zemError” element how you want to.
and you can use JS to check if it exist and then do whatever you want.

For example using jQuery:

<script>
	$(document).ready(function(){
		if($('.zemError').length > 0){
			$('body').prepend('<h1>Warning – Form not submitted !</h1><p>Please complete all required fields and re-submit.*</p>');
		}
	});
</script>

#1202 2012-07-14 14:02:33

masa

THE BLUE DRAGON wrote:

You can style the “zemError” element how you want to.
and you can use JS to check if it exist and then do whatever you want.

Great, thanks for that! So easy when you know how :)

#1203 2012-07-24 08:26:39

txpdevcoder

Hello.

Im trying to use zem contact as a form for signing up to a seminar. There are more than one on the page. I am using zem_secret to add the details of the seminar to the email that gets sent to the user.

This works fine if there is only one zem contact form on the page. Once there are more than one on the page, all the emails that come through have the SAME information appeneded to them, which is the most recent seminar posted. How can this be? My code is posted below.

<h3>Free Seminars</h3>
<txp:article_custom section="seminars" limit="2">
	<p><strong><txp:title /></strong></p>
	<br>
	<txp:excerpt />
	<br>
	<a class='btn btn-90 sem-link-<txp:article_id />' href="#">Book Now</a>
	<div class="sem-iframe-<txp:article_id />">
		<txp:body />
	<!-- Book Seminar form -->
	<div class="contact-form">
	<txp:zem_contact to="email@example.com" from="noreply@example.com" copysender="1" label="">
	<ul>
		<li><txp:zem_contact_text label="Name" required="1" break="" /></li>
		<li><txp:zem_contact_email label="Email address" required="1" break="" /></li>
		<li><txp:zem_contact_text label="Telephone No" min="7" max="15" required="1" break="" /></li>			
		<li><txp:zem_contact_text label="Company" required="1" break="" /></li>
		<li>
			<!-- Append Seminar Details to the email -->
			<txp:zem_contact_secret name='<txp:article_id />' label="Seminar <txp:title />">
				<txp:title />
				<txp:body />
			</txp:zem_contact_secret>
		</li>
		<li class="contact-submit"><txp:zem_contact_submit label="Submit" /></li>
	</ul>
	</div>
	</txp:zem_contact>
	</div>
</txp:article_custom>

Does anyone have any idea why this doesnt work? Ive tried to debug and SQL seems to be passing the right data to zem-secret but try as i might it wont come through with the right information in the emails.

Thanks!

Last edited by txpdevcoder (2012-07-24 08:39:24)

#1204 2012-07-24 17:00:55

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Try changing this:

<txp:zem_contact to="email@example.com" from="noreply@example.com" copysender="1" label="">

into:

<txp:zem_contact to="email@example.com" from="noreply@example.com" copysender="1" label="" subject='Seminar <txp:article_id />'>

Instead of article_id you can use ‘title’ instead or anything else that varies among the seminars. The reason it wasn’t working is because whatever is contained in the form tag, is not parsed yet when setting the form identifier, so all the forms appear to be identical, so when processing the form submission, the first encountered form that matches will be the one that sends the email. Contrary to contained content, attribute values ARE parsed early enough, so putting something in there that varies with each article/seminar in the list, makes it possible for ZCR to distinguish the forms.

#1205 2012-07-25 08:18:04

txpdevcoder

Ah hah!! Thanks Ruud. I had a feeling it was something to do with uniqueness but didnt imagine the subject line would play apart. I was to focused on everything inside the tag and making those unique.

It works great now, thanks.

:)

#1206 2012-07-27 14:07:19

Obscur

OK, this plugin is driving me crazy…

I just downloaded and installed the last version of it, using it with the latest Textpattern version, and with the “Gaia” template from Vladimir Agafonkin. I’d like to display the contact form either on my “About” page (section: about ; page : static_page ; form : static_article (article) ), or on a dedicated page.

Here is what I’ve tried so far.

1. within the “static_article” form :

<!-- static article --> <h2><txp:title /></h2> <txp:body /> <txp:zem_contact to="my email address" /> <!-- /static article -->

2. within a dedicated article, using a form called “contact_form“ (“article”) with a dedicated section (contact), using a dedicated page like this :

<txp:output_form form='header' /> <txp:article form='contact_form' /> <txp:output_form form='footer' />

3. within the content of the “about” article, including <txp:zem_contact to="my email address" /> at the bottom.

Results : plain nothing. The contact form just doesn’t display at all.
But what’s interesting is that when I simply put the call at the bottom of a “normal” article, it appears… So I don’t know what to do. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong ?

#1207 2012-07-27 14:41:55

uli

Obscur wrote:

3. within the content of the “about” article, including <txp:zem_contact to="my email address" /> at the bottom.

Wrap it inside duplicate equal signs. Seems to be parsed away by Textile otherwise.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#1208 2012-07-27 18:47:31

Obscur

OK, thanks, it seems to work now. Probably had a caching issue, too… Fix was easier than expected !

#1209 2012-08-05 05:58:51

gnarasi

textpattern
plugins zem_contact_lang and zem_contact_reborn
pages > contact <txp:zem_contact to=“me@t@gmail.com” />

when I send the mailer I get
“Thank you, your message has been sent.”
But the mail is not there in my gmail site

Thanks for help in advace

#1210 2012-08-05 07:19:59

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

gnarasi wrote:

But the mail is not there in my gmail site

Did you check your spam folder?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#1211 2012-08-05 10:32:38

gnarasi

hi yiannis,

yes checked spam.
Using other forms reaches my gmail site.

#1212 2012-08-05 13:10:32

aslsw66
Website

I’ve never used the plugin in it’s minimalist state (ie. with only the “to” attribute). Have you tried using an expanded form, where you supply the “from” attribute as well?

Board footer