Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-07-06 15:04:23

squaredeye
Website

Help an old client of mine?

Hey everyone! An old client of mine could use someone to take their site to the next level. Their site is http://spinnakerms.com/.

If you’re able to help them, please email Fenicia Redman at FRedman at spinnakerms.com

Thanks!

Matthew

#2 2012-07-14 22:54:44

FRedman

Re: Help an old client of mine?

I am bravely attempting this myself. One problem I continue to experience is…

I replace an old image with new, the thumbnail on my web site appears. However when I click the thumbnail for the pop-up view, the old picture still appears.

What have I missed?

Fenicia

#3 2012-07-14 23:03:35

els

Have you tried to clear the browser cache? If that didn’t help, do you have a link to the page where this happens?

#4 2012-07-14 23:28:40

FRedman

Els,

Here is the link… http://spinnakerms.com/services/video

Very strange, the last section “Satellite Broadcasting” did not pop-up the same image a half hour ago. Now ithe thumbnail and pop-up image are the same.

All I did was close the browser and now the images I replaced are correct. What’s that about?

#5 2012-07-14 23:49:29

els

That was the browser cache (your browser ‘remembering’ the pages you last viewed in order to make pages load faster). If you go to Admin > Preferences > Advanced, scroll down to ‘Publish’, find ‘Send “Last-Modified” header?’ and set it to ‘yes’, this probably won’t happen anymore.

Preferences: Send Last-Modified Header

When set, Textpattern will read a visitor’s HTTP If-Modified-Since header (if one exists) and compares it to the last site update. If nothing has changed since the visitor last loaded the page (i.e., if the timestamp the browser sends is the same as the last site update), then a header is sent back instructing the visitor’s browser to use its cached version of the page.

This can reduce bandwidth consumption, page load times, and reduce the load on the webserver.

#6 2012-07-14 23:54:03

els

Fenicia, if you have any more questions (until you find a Textpattern developer), post them in the ‘How Do I…’ forum. Most questions don’t remain unanswered for long :)

#7 2012-07-15 00:21:03

FRedman

Is that why when I opened Safari and Explorer, the images matched but not on Chrome, the browser I had open during the changes? very interesting…

Thanks very much Els!

Board footer