Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-07-09 15:36:07

dylan-c

How to find an image that isn't listed under Images tab?

Hello,
I am updating a client’s textpattern website. I am not an experienced web designer, so please keep that in mind when you respond! Thanks. :D

I am looking for an image so that I can replace it with another image. This particular image is used in the stylesheet, appearing in the #tag section as a background image. But the image name is not listed under the content > images tab in Textpattern’s website editor. However, the web address of this image would seem to indicate that it is in the Images folder. Why? Where can I locate this image file in order to replace it with another one?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Last edited by dylan-c (2012-07-09 15:41:03)

#2 2012-07-09 16:38:20

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: How to find an image that isn't listed under Images tab?

A few hints:

1. Images under Textpattern’s management have numerical file name (1.jpg, 42.png etc.). For thumbnails, append a ‘t’ to the basename.
  2. One can easily upload any image to the server’s ‘/images’ folder with FTP and other conventional means. Textpattern will simply ignore these.

So if your image has a descriptive filename like logo.gif or DSC_420815.jpg it probably is the result of a plain old FTP upload. You can replace it with a new upload. Identical dimensions might help regarding appearance.

Board footer