Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-06-22 14:37:59

vineonardo
Website

Marble Seller's Website

Hello,
This, is kind of an old project. It’s been online for a while. It has more than 1000 product photos, Over 30 categories so far (they keep adding up) and numerous articles. Front page is static and single page.

It also has a client area where registered people can log in and download business related documents. I used “ign_password_protect” plugin for that. I’ve also made a mobile version of this website. It uses adi_mobile plugin for that.

It was 2nd website I had built since I learnt using Textpattern. It took 2 months to finish development and content addition as content was too much.

Now when I see it, I feel there’s a lot I can change in it, but now it’s done.

Do let me know what you guys think about it. Thanks.

#2 2012-06-22 17:06:13

maruchan
Website

Re: Marble Seller's Website

I like it. Very unique social media buttons—that got my attention.

#3 2012-06-22 17:40:33

vineonardo
Website

@maruchan : Ah, thanks! I made them myself, they are all made using different marbles sold by the Marble seller.

#4 2012-06-22 18:17:43

joebaich
Website

Certainly a magnum opus that displays the company’s products to great advantage.

I did notice that if one opens a particular product page, Czech Art Glass for instance, it opens in a new window. Selecting Home in the new window takes one to the site home page in the new window and another “instance” of the theme muzak which inevitably plays in discord with the muzak still playing in the original window.

Last edited by joebaich (2012-06-22 18:18:17)

#5 2012-06-22 18:41:11

vineonardo
Website

@joebaich : Thanks alot for comment!

Yeah, other than “Home Page”, links open in new page cause, I was little confuse while making this site.
It was going to be a single page site but when a user has to see products, the page was going to be different.
I thought, having different designs might confuse user, so I decided to open those pages in new tab, as this will at least make it clear that those are two different pages, meaning the site is not really a single page website as it appears to be at first sight.

I know, I know, overall it appears very confusing, I can’t really change it as client likes it as it is now. :|

About music, I actually wanted to play it once and then let user decide whether to play again or let it stop. I’d probably make this change soon.

Thanks again for changes, I’m really learning a lot from this! :)

Board footer